Tokyo 2020 - Day 8 (Sat 31 July)

Excellent start for team GB. I expect Learmonth will fall back a bit in the run, but that's ok.

Surely coming across that gap on the bike will have ruined the Frenchman for the run.

Day two and I got drunk and slept through all the athletics :D

Caught up now, though- it really feels like it isn’t going well for us and the team has been badly prepared. Jessie Knight falling, Jessica Turner didn’t look anywhere near as good as she’s been all year, Cindy Sember I thought had an outside chance of a medal and she only just qualified.

Praying Dina is in better shape than she looked yesterday too.

And as for Blessing, well, what a shocker. I’d always had her down as a doper but her recent training group change to Rana Reider made me think that might be wrong as I don’t distrust his group at all- which is Adam Gemili, Daryll Neita, Omar McLeod, Christian Taylor, André de Grasse et al. Really hope it’s an isolated incident.

@Sheena what do you think our chances of a medal are in the 4x400 mixed?

Slim. Because the men are rubbish. The US and Dominican teams have both been reinstated (ridiculously!) so it’s even slimmer now too.

I did wonder if they’ll bring in Jessie Knight after her hurdles fail, but the girls both ran brilliantly yesterday, so not sure whether it’s worthwhile.

I mean, FFS, the second Google search suggestion for “Blessing Okagbare” is “man” :D

At least he hasn't defaulted this time.

And he should have received a point penalty for racquet chuck into the stands followed by racquet demolition. :eyes:

If you had told me Djokovic wasn't going to win gold in singles, I would have laughed. If you had told me he didn't even MEDAL, I'd have called you insane. Seismic turn of events.

And he should have received a point penalty for racquet chuck into the stands followed by racquet demolition. :eyes:

If you had told me Djokovic wasn't going to win gold in singles, I would have laughed. If you had told me he didn't even MEDAL, I'd have called you insane. Seismic turn of events.
And the Serbian team have just given Ash Barty and John Peers a walkover in the bronze medal match. :eyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom