Tokyo 2020 - Day 8 (Sat 31 July)

Not surprised at all about Dina but so sad. Such bad timing. Hope the 200 is better and she’s been sharpened by these races.

Apart from Daryll Neita today has been a bit of a disaster for British athletics.

Not sure how Reece Prescod got away with that false start, although with a 5th place it won’t matter.

I wonder what’s going wrong?

Dina is such a class act. You could tell she was doing all she could to hold it together then the 200m was mentioned :(

I wonder if it’s too early to note that GB have never failed to win a single athletics medal at an Olympics.

That Dina interview was awful. Zooming in on someone entirely distraught is really not on.

She is going through it again on Eurosport, but holding it together much more (and being distracted by false starts). Said she wants to do the relay.

She’s so classy. I love her so much. Loved that she took the time to congratulate Daryll first before anything else.

Great to see all three British women in the 800m final. Keely came from way back.

I put a fiver on her to win gold and it wouldn’t surprise me if it was her vs Mu for the final

San Marino DOUBLED their total ever medal count with a silver in the Mixed Trap Shooting!

It's pleasing to see so many countries winning medals. 72 have at least one so far. At this rate the record set in Rio could be broken.

Superb sprinting from the Jamaican ladies. Haven’t seen that much iciness since the imperial Ottey v Devers v Torrence v Privalova days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom