Tokyo 2020 - Day 9 (Sun 1 Aug)

dmlaw

Democracy doesn't work
Last day of swimming. Second day of eventing. Men’s golf medals day. And the Men’s 100m final. Albeit that last one is unlikely to be relevant to GB.

Stomach literally turning at the sight of that person about to be an Olympic Champion.

Just nauseating.

Doesn't help that I'm getting plenty of texts from German friends and colleagues saying "tennis gold, you must be so proud to witness that."

Like FUCK OFF 😩

Stomach literally turning at the sight of that person about to be an Olympic Champion.

Just nauseating.
Focus on the positives; Ludwig/Kozuch just beat Agatha/Duda in a thriller QF!

I love Laura Ludwig, so fierce.

Final score. One go only.

He wins gold unless either of the next two get 15.583 or higher. 15.583 easily would have won the last three WCs, but not the last OG.

There were three ro go at that point, unless the BBC is well behind.

Two to go now.

Camacho-Quinn 12.26 in hurdles semis :o
12.67 needed for the final

Rojas 15.41 with her first. :eyes: That will be good enough for the gold but will she get the WR?

Su so happy for the 6th place (and Asian record earlier today), getting the Chinese flag out to celebrate :beer:

These 3.30 pm finishes in the afternoon are most UNSATISFACTORY.

I mean, it's probably a good thing and I'll be able to get other stuff done throughout the day but still.

I’m not Sheena obviously but I’ve seen it done for a bronze medal before, I guess if the athletes are agreeable to it then it can’t be forced.
As far as I can tell (ignoring Jim Thorpe retrospective justice-related shenanigans) this is only the second time (and the first since 1908) that they’ve awarded two golds in Athletics at the Olympics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom