Toni Braxton - Do It (& new album)

Jark

User
new single. no word on an album yet but presumably one is on the way

the highlights of Sex & Cigarettes (particularly the title track and Deadwood) were really very good. this is alright but nothing special.

Oh I think this is lovely!

i was really expecting something else from the chorus but i still like this quite a bit on first listen. the understatement is the statement, i guess.

in long as i live and melt she really has delivered a few strong post-post-imperial era tracks, this doesn't seem to threathen them but i hope it grows.

It's nice, which makes me wonder how much I'd like it if human hearing could pick her up better.

Quality control wise, she's pretty unmatched, so this I look forward to.

Missy has hopped on the track with a FIERCELY heterosexual verse

Why yes there is funky, on August 28th!

EeOuDS8UcAApdsa

EeOmu1GXgAc6A9i

I like the song and the video but the two don’t go together :D

Just what are those dancers meant to be dancing to? :D

Love the song though. Glad that she is following up Sex & Cigarettes pretty quickly, hope there is more of similar quality to come.

okay she kinda snapped with these two new tracks. Do It sounds like the Cautious Deluxe Edition bonus track that never saw the light.

i can't help but think that if Ariana released Dance today it'd spend 8 weeks at #1. cruel world.

Maybe they could get Brandy instead, she’ll sing at anything :eyes:

Toni top 10 in celebration of that iconic tweet

01 He Wasn't Man Enough
02 Please
03 Trippin' (That's The Way Love Works)
04 You're Makin' Me High
05 Un-break My Heart (Frankie Knuckles Radio Edit)
06 The Heat
07 What's Good
08 Sex and Cigarettes
09 Midnite
10 Yesterday

big fan of the Libra album. special mention to Coping (Eden Prince Remix) :disco:

Last edited:
This week's Impossible Toni B Top 11

01 He Wasn't Man Enough
02 Selfish
03 Yesterday (oh that ridiculous Bimbo Jones :disco: remix!)
04 I'm Still Breathing
05 Long As I Live
06 Always
07 Please
08 Melt
09 Sweat
10 Hit The Freeway
11 Breathe Again

I could line up an entirely different 11 and still be completely satisfied with it.

You could start a civil war on moopy based on who puts "Let It Flow" in their top ten, and who doesn't :evil:

These countdowns make me sweat, I need time to think about it

But Long As I Live really is amongst her best

Loving this new one - and the artwork! :disco:

Oh the intro...

What a classy number all round though, and she sounds so good.

The album is out. First listen reaction: fine, samey.

Poor regretful Toni:

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeand...regret-not-having-more-sex-when-i-was-younger

I regret not having more sex when I was younger. I should have drank more. I should have partied more. Smoked more, even. I think my religious upbringing stopped me doing a lot of things that I should have done. It’s not a good look at the age I am now. The way it works is you do that stuff in your 20s and 30s and then in your 40s you’ve earned enough to pay for the therapy.

I really like it so far. Not quite as good as Sex & Cigarettes on first listen but certainly enough to go back to. And hurrah for 10 albums.

The album is nice but it's just lacking some hits. It almost sounds concept in the way Secrets was - like she was going for a continuous vibe. I would have liked a couple of uptempo or even midtempo tracks to puncture the bedroom R&B to be honest. So definitely not as good as S&C.

"Fallin'" sounds like it should be a Mariah song.

There's also a couple of songs attempting to be modern trap songs, and I could do without really. I don't understand legacy artists trying to be current. It's not like 20 years ago when you needed to aim for radio support. Pop radio isn't going to support Toni these days anyway no matter what her musical direction. Just keep the fanz happy and give us some 90s R&B please!

"Dance" is great though and "Gotta Move On" and "Nothin'" are pretty good too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom