Toni Braxton - Do It (& new album)

My husband just excitedly presented me with his copy of The Guardian with that interview and I was like, “Already read it on Moopy.”

Reactions: dUb
The album is nice but it's just lacking some hits. It almost sounds concept in the way Secrets was - like she was going for a continuous vibe. I would have liked a couple of uptempo or even midtempo tracks to puncture the bedroom R&B to be honest. So definitely not as good as S&C.

"Fallin'" sounds like it should be a Mariah song.

There's also a couple of songs attempting to be modern trap songs, and I could do without really. I don't understand legacy artists trying to be current. It's not like 20 years ago when you needed to aim for radio support. Pop radio isn't going to support Toni these days anyway no matter what her musical direction. Just keep the fanz happy and give us some 90s R&B please!

"Dance" is great though and "Gotta Move On" and "Nothin'" are pretty good too.

The album is nice but not as good as her last effort and towards the back end it blurs into one a bit. Dance is such a joy that I can't help but wish she would up the tempo just a little more often.

This album charted at #163 in America! :(

It's the new NUMBER SIXTY THREE

Personally I couldn't sit through it once but enjoy

I like how the vocal arrangement sounds very 90s but the song is missing something

bit like the album really

bring on LS&M 2 please

Oh I like the song VERY much but the video is boring

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom