Top 5 cities in Europe (pre-Brexit bucket list edition)

Great to have in your shelves, especially Wallpaper’s. In fact I even want to do Bristol and Liverpool just so that I could buy the guides.

I think I'm judging those Monocle guides for thinking that people might want a book on Honolulu ahead of, say, Rome or Moscow.

There's a Bristol Wallpaper guide? I guarantee about 25% of the places will have closed by the time it was published.

It’s really shitty to have Honolulu in that collection, it would look ugly without it and yet I have no will to go there.

There's a Bristol Wallpaper guide? I guarantee about 25% of the places will have closed by the time it was published.

I don’t mind. I bought some old ones for the Rhine trip from Amazon that were printed over 10 years ago.

No, a lot of places in Bristol would close from the time they reviewed them until the book was published. We have too many bars and restaurants here - the city can't sustain it.

Must be exciting living there then with new places turning up all the time.
To an extent yes. It's rare that a week goes by without somewhere opening and thinking it's one to add to the list. It's just that as often as that you discover an old favourite is closing as well.

I think Oslo is known to be more expensive than Copenhagen and Stockholm, isn't it?

It's a few years since I've been now, but other than alcohol I felt Stockholm was broadly comparable with London in most respects.

I was in Stockholm in February and I'd completely agree. Nearly everything was the same as London prices. Even booze at the bottleshop was on par.

A drink at a bar was maybe £1 more expensive or a meal out maybe cost an extra fiver, but given bars around here can happily charge £5.50+ a pint for standard beer these days it really was just like being in South West London as far as spending went.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom