Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ellie

Super talented triple threat
This is getting quite a good response. Watching it tomorrow, but in anticipation I just finished Top Gun for the first time in over 10 years. Fucking hell it’s even worse than I remembered, so there’s a low bar for the new one being an improvement.

I’m gonna try and squeeze this on Sunday. I want to try and watch the original tonight, I don’t think I ever watched it.

what did you think Ellie? Planning to see this but need to remind myself of the first one before

Total popcorn as expected, but better action and better script than Top Gun, which lets face it is not hard.

Although why does almost every film feel about 20 minutes too long these days?

Really enjoyed it, probably not as much as I thought I would. Agree it's too long, by the 90 minute mark I was getting slightly restless waiting for the enemy to turn up.

Felt bad for Val, his role could have been slightly bigger.

I just really wanted Rooster to say Maverick could be his wingman anytime. :shy:

I wasn't sure Val would be in this, he's in quite a bad way nowadays isn't he? :( I suppose this was filmed a couple of years ago now, with the various delays.

This was alright, extremely dumb and formulaic. Which is I guess the point but it’s not for me. I can’t really sit and cheer for Americans shooting literally faceless enemies.

Hmm I guess I'll try to get this on streaming in the end, I never had any real love for Top Gun, it was a few years too early for me I guess.

BUT apparently it has had the smallest 2nd week decline for ANY movie that opened on $100M+ (124M->86M). So I guess it might have legs? (or I'm sure it has wings, as shitty journalists will QUIP)

The box office for this is INSANE
Even my sister who rarely visits a cinema turned up at my house yesterday raving about this (and saying it was a scene for scene remake of the original :basil:)

I think I'll wait for streaming too though. I can only take so much Tommy and I think I'll save myself for the next Mission: Impossible(s)

It is NOT a scene for scene remake of the original at all, but it’s nowhere near as great as a lot of people have been saying.

I don’t normally agree with Guy Lodge at all, in fact recently I’ve been the total opposite, but I agree with this:

It is NOT a scene for scene remake of the original at all, but it’s nowhere near as great as a lot of people have been saying.

I don’t normally agree with Guy Lodge at all, in fact recently I’ve been the total opposite, but I agree with this:

Well it certainly has enough scenes that replicate the original from what she was saying.

She didn't say that was a BAD thing.

There are a couple of homages with the motorbike and one thing with Goose’s son. They use a bit of Kenny Loggins as expected but the soundtrack as a whole is better and less repetitive. Other than that I don’t think so. Top Gun itself is just like a terrible music video with incredibly poor writing and dialogue. I have no idea why it’s so popular. It’s slap bang in the era of my childhood favourites but it has maybe aged the worst.

I see the Gaga song didn’t end up doing that well - or at least the Wikipedia page opening paragraphs just say:

"Hold My Hand" has charted within the top 20 in Croatia, Hungary, Slovakia, and Switzerland.

So I guess that’s the best news they have?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom