Tori Amos - Christmastide (new EP) - 4 December

Did any fellow Tori LOONS buy any of THE LIGHT PRINCESS merch as featured on her store?
Not anything from the store but we saw it twice and have the soundtrack and the programme tucked away somewhere. I also bought tickets for my sister for Christmas that year. Oh and also we went to a recital of the songs they put onong after it had ended. Which was... Quite random. Tori was there though. :disco:

We were quite big fans of the show. :D

There has been some GOOD TRACKS! But Native Invader is probably the closest we've got to a decent ALBUM.

I'd say from later day Tori:
Reindeer King
Forest of Glass
Oysters
Selkie
Give
Bang
Star Whisperer

and Bouncing Off Clouds if we are talking ADP have all been great tracks.
Reindeer King and Forest Of Glass in particular are up there with CLASSIC TORI for me.

Admittedly not a HUGE HIT RATE considering the amount of material released :D

I'd add Curtain Call, Winter's Carol, Our New Year and Battle of Trees to that list, but yes, it's slim pickings after ADP. Maybe 500 Miles as well because I don't mind a bit of kitsch.

I pre-ordered the signed vinyl because my inner Tori loon panicked and wouldn't allow me NOT TO.

I'm almost scared to listen to the music in case I HATE IT! :D
Same! I got the one with the signed 'art card' and it was delivered yesterday. It's beautifully packaged. Haven't listened yet though ..

I don't OWN a physical copy of Midwinter Graces, so I've never really seen the photoshoot before. FOR SOME REASON I'm finding it rather amusing :D

36001e04d0aa74f38463f9986b066a7f.jpg

0703a3b90585c03113dfbbe2f4434e14.jpg

Tori-Amos.jpg

Just add a few wolves howling at the moon and you could slap them all on a TIE DYE t-shirt :disco:

I hadn’t seen these :disco:
The concept clearly was Rita Repulsa who settled down to be a lighthouse keeper’s widow

I've also been trying to give Abnormally Attracted To Sin a listen, as I have absolutely NO RECOLLECTION of it being released, and subsequent campaign AT ALL. I pretty much checked out at The Beekeeper and didn't tap back in until Night Of Hunters (of which I love the drama of Star Whisperer, but find a slog to listen to the whole thing).

ANYWAY - WHY did she not follow through with the Tori does Portishead-lite vibe of Give and slightly less so in Flavor & the title track? Give is a genuinely fantastic latter-day Tori track, and her voice sounds amazing on the chorus. A whole album in that vibe could have been really quite special. The weird soft rock stuff that makes up most of the album does NOTHING for me, Vienna.

Anyway, Give = GREAT :disco:

I actually really like AATS as a 'guilty pleasure' Tori album. I listen to it far more often than I should. ADP is the one I really struggle with although I suppose objectively it is the better album.

The AATS tour was fantastic by the way - 'Starling' was sensational live.

There has been some GOOD TRACKS! But Native Invader is probably the closest we've got to a decent ALBUM.

I'd say from later day Tori:
Reindeer King
Forest of Glass
Oysters
Selkie
Give
Bang
Star Whisperer
+ Welcome to England
+ Starling
+ Curtain Call
+ Beauty of Speed
+ Climb
+ Mary's Eyes
+ Russia

There’s a good album in ADP, it just gets lost in the quagmire of mediocrity that was thrown at it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom