Tori Amos - Gold Dust (orchestral Greatest Hits) - October 2012

Flavor is a nice song (I never bought AATS, having given up on her after American Doll Posse) but her face really looks even more ridiculous in (non)movement. :(

I really like Flavor so this should be good. Can't see the video (blocked in Germany... which is where I am apparently), but does it have a REAL HOT DOG VENDOR in it? :D

I'm listening to the live disc of To Venus & Back. OMG she used to be SO GOOD. :(

SO YOU CAN MAKE. ME. CUM
THAT DOESN'T MAKE YOU JE-E-SUS

:disco:

This leaked. Not a single track is an improvement over the original. Listening to Winter, it makes me sad that the days when she was actually good are so far behind us. :(

I played this album last night for the first time and I found it really lovely. The originals are stronger for sure but these are fine takes on them without changing the actual melody which she can be prone to do live. It reminded me how strong a lot of her old songs are but really more highlighted to me that the problem these days may not be the songs themselves but the clunky productions and airy fairy vocals she's been using over the last few albums. Piano and strings from now on Tori!

Wtf is this?

tori-amos-flavor-remixes.jpg

1 Flavor (Club Mix)
2 Flavor (Big Room Mix)
3 Flavor (Old Skool Dub Mix)
4 Flavor (Club Mix (Radio Edit)

A desperate grab for commercial success?

FLUSH

In other news, my sources at the National Theatre tell me the musical is still on its way but that she's incredibly hard to pin down to any kind of timetable :D

Give it up Tori. It didn't work the last 45839309 times you tried to recapitulate the "Professional Widow" remix success.

But this time even moreso because "Flavor" is a piece of shit no matter how many rose petals you throw on it!

2022 EDIT - I LOVE FLAVOR & TORI. SHAME ON YOU 2013-ERA SUEDEY!!!

Last edited:
I had a flick through 'Tori Amos Piece By Piece' while I was home over Christmas.

I'd forgotten just HOW TRULY UNREADABLY AWFUL it actually is.

"When I met the dark lord in ceremony..." :zombie:

Last edited:
The chapters where she strips all that stuff away, like the parts about her battle with her record label and the touring stuff is really good i think. i find her actually quite insightful when she's making SENSE.

Last edited:
I had a flick through 'Tori Amos Piece By Piece' while I was home over Christmas.

I'd forgotten just HOW TRULY UNREADABLY AWFUL it actually is.

"When I met the dark lord in ceremony..." :zombie:

I loved it :D

Give it up Tori. It didn't work the last 45839309 times you tried to recapitulate the "Professional Widow" remix success.

Like when?! She continually tried to recreate 'a sorta fairytale' between '05 and '09, but I can't think of a Professional Widow replica really.

I agree though that Flavor is just NOT a song to do a club remix to though!

Last edited:
I've got so much catching up to do with Tori. Can any Tori fans do a quick top 3-5 choices from each album from The Beekeeper onwards please? I feel like making a massive Tori playlist.

That's the only one I really know, I used to go on a cycle path with it on repeat all the time, but a Loose Women performance of something awful seemed to bar me from trying the album.

So I've just popped on "Winter" from this project on Spotify- what PRECISELY is the point? It's not been ruined, but it's effectively JUST THE SAME AS THE ORIGINAL with a NOT QUITE AS GOOD but STILL NOT BAD vocal?

Is the rest as POINTLESS as this?

But yeah. A couple of the songs have come on on shuffle over the past few weeks, and I haven't even realised they're not the originals.

Gold Dust is another nice one too.

Lovely strings on Girl Disappearing and I think the production of better than on ADP, but somehow the vocal sounds a bit rushed again

So my 10 year later takeaways are:
  • Cloud on my Tongue
  • Gold Dust
  • Flying Dutchman
  • Snow Cherries From France
  • Marianne
  • Silent All These Years
  • Girl Disappearing
Marianne is way above everything else.

Love the Gold Dust version of FLAYvaaa and especially the remixes 😍

Don’t think I’ve heard a single other track from this album since 2012 😍

Users who are viewing this thread