Troye Sivan - Easy + IN A DREAM (EP)

Jark

User
new single, new look for everybody's favourite androgynous twink fantasy

QUITE GOOD! if no "my my my!"

Is that intentionally a Lady Bird tribute?

The song's alright.

I liked the "Bloom" album but "I'm So Tired" is the best thing he's put his name too.

Only fair on first listen, though I am quite open to him following a more mellow sound again. The Good Side is his best I would say.

new one Easy is just lovely

and a 7-track EP is coming

1. Take Yourself Home
2. Easy
3. could cry just thinkin about you
4. STUD
5. Rager Teenager!
6. IN A DREAM

What kind of mixed case madness?

I ended up really liking Take Yourself Home but on first listen alone Easy is the best thing he has released since The Good Side.

no more love for Easy? I'm fully obsessed with it. It's so warm, melodic and melancholy - the production in the middle 8 just gives me all the feels before the total rush of that last chorus coming back in :disco: oh it's all too much. 10s, 10s, 10s!

Easy is really nice. I wasn't sold on the last single so I'm glad this is more to my taste. Woop!

The video is nice. Nothing much happens but he's DREAMY.

I like Rager teenager! very much, more than I thought I might from the title.

This EP/mini album/whatever seems like it is a bit of a leftwards turn from the last album's big gay popstar designs.

The EP really is excellent, top to bottom. That title track :disco:

The front though, of pricing this five song and a snippet collection as an album, and then holding a song back as a vinyl exclusive (which I muggily pre-ordered the other night because of said bonus and because it looks nice).

full EP out today - IN A DREAM is a gorgeous shimmery uptempo :disco:

why is it only me and @FetchFugly stanning? :angry:

@Devil @northernlad @Pipo @funky @POP! get on the train!

I'll listen to this tonight actually. I'm quite new to fully only using Spotify (late to the party as per) but have a sort of 'current' playlist that I often add random tracks to so I give them a go over a few weeks. 'Easy' was a few weeks back and it has revealled itself as bloody lovely so I'm hoping the rest is to.

This is pretty good, but what is up with some tracks having no capitals, others titled fully in them etc? I know it’s a youth thing that I’ll never probably understand but what is the point?

But yes, liking the vibe of this.

This is pretty good, but what is up with some tracks having no capitals, others titled fully in them etc? I know it’s a youth thing that I’ll never probably understand but what is the point?

perhaps Troye Sivan is SUBTLY HINTING that he is a FAN of Moopy.

Kacey Musgraves and Mark Ronson are on a somewhat belated remix of Easy coming this week. The full on mullet though:

The EP is such a strong collection, more so than the last album. IN A DREAM didn't really get a proper push did it?

Reactions: RJN
IN A DREAM didn't really get a proper push did it?

It just felt like it never happened and there doesn't seem to be a reason why? His last album felt big, the EP was really solid, and Stud should have been the song to get some traction.

Either way a collaboration with Kacey is very very exciting

Edit: After re-listening to the whole thing, this might be the strongest thing he's done yet (Bloom is great too)

10 Take Yourself Home (that ending!)
08 Easy
11 Stud
10 Rager Teenager
10 In A Dream

Last edited:

Here is the remix with Kacey (and Mark Ronson). Kacey sounds so good on this. Maybe she'll do a pop album at some point

I feel the same with this as I did with the Ariana collab - it draws a bit too much attention to the limitations of his voice when he works with VOX queens.

It's good though, and Kacey steals the show :disco:

I feel the same with this as I did with the Ariana collab - it draws a bit too much attention to the limitations of his voice when he works with VOX queens.

It's good though, and Kacey steals the show :disco:

True about his limitations being apparent when she sings.

Kacey can sing ANYTHING. When I saw her live, she sang Fuck You with Cee-lo and she sounded great on that kind of music too

Reactions: GNL

Here is the remix with Kacey (and Mark Ronson). Kacey sounds so good on this. Maybe she'll do a pop album at some point

She was heading that way with some of the last album. It will be interesting to see where she goes with her next album.

The new version of Easy is great.

She was heading that way with some of the last album. It will be interesting to see where she goes with her next album.

The new version of Easy is great.

Songs like High Horse was more pop for sure. She would be great with some Jessie Ware-esque material. But also more country!

Reactions: GNL
New Easy is OK but nothing at all on the glorious original. Ronson's production strips all the bass away which is a crime and robs the song of all its best moments. It's pretty and sparkly but that's it.

a full clip of Troye dancing in the red lighted room please

You is great, not as good as most of the excellent EP mind. Could Troye get a UK hit out of this?

is everyone obsessed with You yet?

fucking huge tune. I'm living.

You is great. is there a video where he seduces us even further?

finally a full version of Could Cry!

it's actually live from the recent show he did but you can't really tell. what a lovely song.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom