True Blue 35th anniversary

Digital release on Apple Music, Spotify etc. with remixes etc.

Fairly pointless but hey.

Last edited:
10 Papa Don't Preach
10 Open Your Heart
08 White Heat
11 Live To Tell
09 Where's the Party
09 True Blue
10 La Isla Bonita
03 Jimmy Jimmy
05 Love Makes The World Go Round

She should have kept 'Spotlight' on the silly girl, and also should have kept 'Each Time You Break My Heart' as well to herself and gotten rid of those two turds at the end. Can you imagine, it would have then been pure pop perfection.

No remastering, presumably?
I've not listened to the anniversary edition yet but will check. The original album (+ two remixes) was remastered (quite nicely) in 2001, so I suspect no remastering there but it would be nice if the extended mixes etc. are remastered.

Is it just me or is the sound really not working here?

Why not play both at the same time!

It's literally Jimmy Jimmy :disco:

It's the album that just sounds embarrassingly easy for her (as opposed to just being embarrassing much of the time these days).

I feel Sabrina peaked with this performance of Cover Model where she lazily vogues for 7 seconds before launching into a frenetic chorus.

I've just finished, that is far beyond what I ever thought she was capable of, that's my new current favourite song. I'm off to see what else I've missed.

10 Papa Don't Preach
10 Open Your Heart
07 White Heat
11 Live To Tell
10 Where's the Party
08 True Blue
10 La Isla Bonita
07 Jimmy Jimmy
09 Love Makes The World Go Round

Last edited:
Does this anniversary edition include anything that wasn't previously on streaming?

10 Papa Don't Preach
08 Open Your Heart
07 White Heat
08 Live To Tell
09 Where's the Party
10 True Blue
11 La Isla Bonita
05 Jimmy Jimmy
09 Love Makes The World Go Round

It’s my least favourite of her “big” albums, really, but obviously all relative. I found her a bit “cold” in this era- I never liked the hair and styling, however iconic it might be now.

Oh those joyful teenage days of watching the Papa Don't Preach video on VHS* with your finger on the pause button ready for a bit of nip slip :disco:

* well, video2000 :bruised:

Does this anniversary edition include anything that wasn't previously on streaming?
Yeah a lot of the remixes weren't previously available on streaming I believe.. I've lost track at this point though.

Plus up until this edition Spotify had that stupid annoying glitch where the extended version of Papa Don't Preach was on the album rather than the LP version! :evil:

I found her a bit “cold” in this era- I never liked the hair and styling, however iconic it might be now.
The album cover is (and was instantly) iconic, but I agree outside of that, it's probably my least favourite of her 80s looks at least.

It really is INFURIATING though, isn't it? This being released on streaming only, Cher albums being released on fucking YouTube only, and shitty old acts like Level Fucking 42 getting comprehensive box sets.

It really is INFURIATING though, isn't it? This being released on streaming only, Cher albums being released on fucking YouTube only, and shitty old acts like Level Fucking 42 getting comprehensive box sets.
It's disgusting to be honest and I would say HOMOPHOBIC!

I'm sure Cherry Red could try and license Madge's albums but I imagine the answer would be something along the lines of "lol no". :basil:

A 10 minute version of one of my favorite Madonna songs ever? YES, I'm talking about Open Your Heart. :disco: overload.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom