True Blue 35th anniversary

Having just popped Like a Prayer on for the first spin in a while (possibly the longest I’ve ever gone without playing it. Maybe a couple of months or so?), I’ve pulled this out. Today, though, this struck me:

JUST IMAGINE THE SHEER NERVE AND GALL OF HAVING AN ALBUM SO FULL OF SINGLES YOU CAN LEAVE LA ISLA BONITA AS THE FIFTH :D :disco:

and she could have easily released a 6th one! :shock:

Oh love, it was the 80s. She could have released the lot! I would argue only "Jimmy Jimmy" wouldn't have really worked, but given it was her, it would have probably still been a hit.

Still wish they'd gone with "Where's The Party" for a 6th. They MUST have considered "Love Makes The World Go Round" at some point after Live Aid, too...

I never get why TB is considered a least fave album.
Where’s the Party would have been an amazing single .

I said it earlier. It's definitely my least favourite of her big albums. I find it kinda COLD. But it's relative. We're still talking of a brilliant album here...

I'll take it over Like A Virgin personally

If we're talking the "Big 4".

1. Like A Prayer
2. Madonna
3. Like A Virgin
4. True Blue

And I'd still put it behind all of her 90s output and some of the 00s as well...

If we're talking the "Big 4".

1. Like A Prayer
2. Madonna
3. Like A Virgin
4. True Blue

And I'd still put it behind all of her 90s output and some of the 00s as well...
Pretty much yeah. But still what a collection.

"White Heat" was always my favorite of the non-singles. "Where's the Party" was the obvious 6th single that never was though.

So I've been having a major TRUE BLUE revival this week and I'm sorry but it remains one of the best pop albums of all time.

Bop after bop after bop.

And yes in November 2021, JimmyJimmy and Love Makes The World Go Around are re-certified, relistenable bops with some bright and breezy elements (@Iguana @Tisch @Alex ).

10 Papa Don't Preach
10 Open Your Heart
09 White Heat
11 Live To Tell
10 Where's The Party?
10 True Blue
10 La Isla Bonita
07 Jimmy Jimmy
07 Love Makes The World Go Round

So I've been having a major TRUE BLUE revival this week and I'm sorry but it remains one of the best pop albums of all time.

Bop after bop after bop.

And yes in November 2021, JimmyJimmy and Love Makes The World Go Around are re-certified, relistenable bops with some bright and breezy elements (@Iguana @Tisch @Alex ).
I've always (sort of, not really ) loved those two!

10 Papa Don't Preach
10 Open Your Heart
09 White Heat
11 Live To Tell
07 Where's The Party?
09 True Blue
10 La Isla Bonita
08 Jimmy Jimmy
07 Love Makes The World Go Round

09 Papa Don't Preach
10 Open Your Heart
06 White Heat