Tuesday sounds like it's saying words

I've realized recently I'm far too much of a people pleaser. I never want to argue or upset anyone so it's easier just to let the twats be twats and I just forgive and move on. I also hate falling out with people so struggle to ditch friends.

I'm trying to toughen up!
I used to be the same years ago in fairness, but I realised I was happier on my own than around people who drain all of my energy.

To be honest I'm pretty shit at maintaining friendships, and I ought to put more effort into some of the very good ones.

However, the good side of this is that for me to make any effort at all, it has to be something very special that I want to keep. So those crap friendships usually die quickly.

To be honest I'm pretty shit at maintaining friendships, and I ought to put more effort into some of the very good ones.

However, the good side of this is that for me to make any effort at all, it has to be something very special that I want to keep. So those crap friendships usually die quickly.
I think real friends understand life gets in the way and you can go weeks or months without seeing each other and nothing changes.

I’ve just had an ad on Instagram for an AI-powered English language training app that analyses your pronunciation.

The woman advertising is overjoyed “I a never ethought I cood get arid of amy storong accucent” is an accent somewhere between a drunk Salam Hayak and a deaf woman.

Apparently the AI can pick up details so small that even a human couldn’t notice it, which makes me wonder what the point is, and what it’s comparing it to

I’ve just had an ad on Instagram for an AI-powered English language training app that analyses your pronunciation.

The woman advertising is overjoyed “I a never ethought I cood get arid of amy storong accucent” is an accent somewhere between a drunk Salam Hayak and a deaf woman.

Apparently the AI can pick up details so small that even a human couldn’t notice it, which makes me wonder what the point is, and what it’s comparing it to
I've got that ad too. :o

Along with one in Cantonese with some middle aged Chinese man yelling his pitch at me for what I think was for a stainless steel frying pan.

My music taste and general viewing of cooking videos (in English mind) on YouTube combined has messed up my ad reccommendations. :D

And for reasons I’m not sure about, I’m watching a Have I Got News For You from 2001, and there was a quote from Boris Johnson “I’ve got as much chance of being prime minister as being blinded by a champagne cork or decapitated by a frisbee”

I hope he’s right for once 🥏

A lot of people say similar about puppies and dogs. It's what puts me off ever getting one. Kittens are so easy to train. You stick them in a litter tray and you're done. Yes they climb curtains and act like demons sometimes, but generally they're lazy and sleep all the time.
Dogs seem like hard work.
It certainly looks like this. A puppy's self-support skills feel close to those of a human baby (so basically zero), whereas a kitten's are closer to those of a 5 years old child. Cats are normally more active during the night, especially close to 3 after midnight, but they can learn to change the hours of activity and will happily comply to any schedule that you will create and if you are good at it, they will love and appreciate punctuality. Hyperactivity such as climbing in the curtains or the xmas tree in my experience is a sign that the cat is being bored and can be easily discouraged. Other cases of hyperactivity like jumping and running in crazy mode is a sign that she either needs to poop so you facilitate the process by taking her to where the litter is or that she has just had an amazing poop and she's feeling extremely excited about it.

It certainly looks like this. A puppy's self-support skills feel close to those of a human baby (so basically zero), whereas a kitten's are closer to those of a 5 years old child. Cats are normally more active during the night, especially close to 3 after midnight, but they can learn to change the hours of activity and will happily comply to any schedule that you will create and if you are good at it, they will love and appreciate punctuality. Hyperactivity such as climbing in the curtains or the xmas tree in my experience is a sign that the cat is being bored and can be easily discouraged. Other cases of hyperactivity like jumping and running in crazy mode is a sign that she either needs to poop so you facilitate the process by taking her to where the litter is or that she has just had an amazing poop and she's feeling extremely excited about it.
Ah I'm pleased your cat does the pre poo craziness! Heathcliff is a nightmare for it. Luckily the last few days he's pood during the day. But if he goes into night time pooing he can keep us awake for ages. Then he goes mental after a poo for about 20 minutes.

It's interesting to hear you view on cats and dogs. I'd never really thought about the difference in their levels of maturity. I just assumed once toilet trained, a dog can be left.

Are you enjoying having a dog?

Ah I'm pleased your cat does the pre poo craziness! Heathcliff is a nightmare for it. Luckily the last few days he's pood during the day. But if he goes into night time pooing he can keep us awake for ages. Then he goes mental after a poo for about 20 minutes.

It's interesting to hear you view on cats and dogs. I'd never really thought about the difference in their levels of maturity. I just assumed once toilet trained, a dog can be left.

Are you enjoying having a dog?
Tbh the puppy is more work than enjoyment at the moment, every morning I come down the stairs knowing that I will have to clean after his poo, and by that I mean both on his bed and the floor nappy. It's good that I don't work at the moment and have plenty of time for him, I hope by the time I'll find a new job he will have grown a little older and will at least know what the nappy is for.

Tbh the puppy is more work than enjoyment at the moment, every morning I come down the stairs knowing that I will have to clean after his poo, and by that I mean both on his bed and the floor nappy. It's good that I don't work at the moment and have plenty of time for him, I hope by the time I'll find a new job he will have grown a little older and will at least know what the nappy is for.
You'll both crack it. Suddenly it'll just click. At least that's what I've been told. And then you'll have a little shadow for years.

But thank you for making me realize for certain I don't want a puppy :D

Are you planning to keep the dog, QotB, or just foster him until he can be rehomed?

My cat has little crazy episodes where he plays with the stairs making little war cries. I had no idea they might be poo related! :D
If you Google it, if they do it after a poo it's called Poophoria :D it's a real thing. Heathcliff parkours all over the flat after a poo.

Are you planning to keep the dog, QotB, or just foster him until he can be rehomed?
I've discussed this with my patents early on cause they wanted him too so we did a joined declaration of custody at the vet. The idea is that i will keep him for as long as i can live here in the country but if I can't find a job that allows me to work from here and need to move back to a city apartment, he gets to stay with my parents (and their 5 cats).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom