TV Ratings 2020

Yes. They play short clips of songs and the contestants have to name the song and artist. All genres and eras are catered for. It’s really rather good for a quiz show, but I think that is only because I love music.

Do they have studio performances? We need more space for them in prime time.

It’s audience numbers seem to be GROWING too.

Yes, I don't remember it being that successful previously. I seem to remember it hovering around the lower end and dropping out some weeks.

Do they have studio performances? We need more space for them in prime time.

No, but that would be a great addition to it. Some Moopy members would be outstanding as contestants.

I saw a tweet a few days ago announcing that The Chase had just recorded its highest rated episode of all time.

Was it on just before I'm A Celeb or something, or is it really just getting increasingly popular?

I saw a tweet a few days ago announcing that The Chase had just recorded its highest rated episode of all time.

Was it on just before I'm A Celeb or something, or is it really just getting increasingly popular?

The highest individual episode in the week above was 4.912m on Wednesday 11th November. I average the shows with more than one episode a week (well, except for Strictly as the result show feels different, somehow), which is why the figure in the chart is lower.

It's broadcast at 5pm though, so I'm A Celeb shouldn't affect it, should it?

I think this is the first week I remember it charting higher than EastEnders.

Says a lot that a new Chaser is a THING, I suppose!

I don’t watch, but I read about it a week or so ago. I quite enjoy a pub quiz but can never get in to any of these rubbish afternoon quiz shows.

Does anyone else watch The Hit List? I love it.

I’ve started getting into it recently and I think it’s pretty great. I loved the queen on last week correcting people for which Rihanna songs came from which albums :D

November 16 - 22

01 I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here! 11.808m
02 Strictly Come Dancing 11.492m
03 The Great British Bake Off 10.534m
04 Strictly Come Dancing: The Results 9.534m
05 I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here! (Saturday recap) 7.718m
06 Countryfile 6.639m
07 The Repair Shop 6.324m
08 Coronation Street 6.232m
09 Gogglebox 5.653m
10 Emmerdale 5.650m
11 BBC News At Six 5.385m
12 BBC Weekend News 4.941m
13 The Chase 4.845m
14 His Dark Materials 4.622m
15 EastEnders 4.540m
16 The Hit List 4.525m
17 Have I Got News For You 4.401m
18 Pointless Celebrities 4.284m
19 ITV News Weekday Teatime 4.079m
20 Masterchef: The Professionals 3.975m

I decided to list the Saturday night recap episode of IACGMOOH separately as I list the Strictly result show separately. It had 3 million less than the lowest of the regular shows, so I'm guessing that a lot of people didn't tune in because they knew it was a recap. If I didn't list it separately and included it in the averaged figure, then Strictly would be #1.

I wouldn’t say it has been vintage years for either I’m A Celeb or Strictly.

How many viewers did the highest rating IACGMOOH show get @lolly?
12.878m, the episode on Monday 16th (so the second episode, I think?)

In fact it looks like the audience dropped off relatively consistently. They ranked

Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Friday
Thursday
Sunday

I am still watching but I am willing it to end and for them to piss off back to Australia.

I decided to list the Saturday night recap episode of IACGMOOH separately as I list the Strictly result show separately. It had 3 million less than the lowest of the regular shows, so I'm guessing that a lot of people didn't tune in because they knew it was a recap. If I didn't list it separately and included it in the averaged figure, then Strictly would be #1.
Surprised only 3 million switched off. Can’t believe 8 million people tuned in for a recap of what they’ve literally just watched the previous few nights.

Surprised only 3 million switched off. Can’t believe 8 million people tuned in for a recap of what they’ve literally just watched the previous few nights.
I imagine a fair few didn't even realise, at least at first, and then just couldn't be arsed to turn over.

For the Saturday just gone, it was beaten by The Wheel, so I assume it's fallen quite a lot further.

I imagine a fair few didn't even realise, at least at first, and then just couldn't be arsed to turn over.

For the Saturday just gone, it was beaten by The Wheel, so I assume it's fallen quite a lot further.
AND THIS SATURDAY JUST GONE WASN’T EVEN A RECAP EPISODE

This Saturday was a recap according to the tv information button

I wouldn’t say it has been vintage years for either I’m A Celeb or Strictly.
Both are running higher than last year. But that's presumably very largely due to lockdown. It will be interesting to see how the end of lockdown affects things.

November 23 - 29

01 The Great British Bake Off 11.454m
02 Strictly Come Dancing 11.348m
03 I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here! 10.795m
04 Strictly Come Dancing: The Results 10.122m
05 I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here! (Saturday recap) 6.611m
06 Coronation Street 6.430m
07 The Repair Shop 6.262m
08 Michael McIntyre's The Wheel 6.136m
09 Countryfile 5.939m
10 BBC News Special 5.738m
11 BBC News At Six 5.6224m
12 Gogglebox 5.566m
13 Emmerdale 5.529m
14 The Chase 4.864m
15 His Dark Materials 4.679m
16 EastEnders 4.655m
17 The Hit List 4.603m
18 Pointless Celebrities 4.189m
19 Masterchef: The Professionals 4.167m
20 DIY SOS 4.160m

I’m actually surprised IACGMOOH didn’t dip a bit more. It was far from a vintage season.

Did anyone watch The Vicar of Dibley last night? I didn’t even know it was on.

One of the new 10 minute ones?

I assumed they would be in prime position in the Christmas schedule somewhere.

I had no idea it was on and I usually trawl through the tv schedule with a FINE TOOTH COMB.

One of the new 10 minute ones?

I assumed they would be in prime position in the Christmas schedule somewhere.
THEY ARE AS WELL. THE BBC ARE MAKING THE MOST OF THEM AS THE CUPBOARD IS A BIT BARE OF NEW MATERIAL BECAUSE OF THE YEAR WE’VE HAD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom