TV shows you’ve seen in 2021

I’m enjoying the PIRATE documentary on Netflix, having lots of dirty thoughts about PIRATES.

I’m enjoying the PIRATE documentary on Netflix, having lots of dirty thoughts about PIRATES.

Talking about pirates l, I was about to start Black Sails the other day which I keep hearing is a great show.

Watched a few episodes of Servant yesterday.

Ooooh I’ve never seen that but I’m THIRSTY for more HOT PIRATE CONTENT so will check it out. ?‍☠️

It has been a while since I watched Black Sails but it is very good. Lots of great characters and much backstabbing as you might expect.

I saw the pirate programme listed on Netflix and at first glance thought it was a drama but then saw it was a Derek Jacobi voiced documentary. I hope the re-enactments are suitably hammy.

Watched Behind Her Eyes this last week, the two female leads were brilliant. Had me hooked and even though I could kind of work out where it was going it was a nice satisfying finish (I do hope they leave it at that, I hate it when a limited series gets a second season when the big reveal has already been played out).
This was so fucked up.

What's immediately apparent from that People Magazine article being read aloud is the language being used to describe her. "Primitive.. sweating... grinding... wrapping her mouth around" etc. And she didn't even make front cover with this breaking story?

I always wondered if Tina's voice was a damaged instrument and that's what that sound was or if sounding like not so much a wall of sound as a wall being an avalanche of rocks, rock and soul was just her 7th wonder of the world. Only Taylor Dayne sounding like Eartha Kitt on The Masked Singer recently has came anything close for me.

Speaking of sharp drops, my face when Ike appears in a 1991 interview. My earliest memory of that man was another early 90s interview and my mum telling me he wasn't very nice to Tina.

Angela Bassett saying Tina and her dancers did their hair and make-up by themselves complete with photos making this statement completely obvious :)

Doesn't Tina have an estranged relationship with one of her sons? This segment could be interesting.

Him explaining her "two or three suicide attempts" is beyond pathetic. I'm guessing he never was able to admit anything to himself. The nerve of him doing any interviews after the cat was out the bag.

I've heard the running across the freeway story before. The image has never left me. It must have been the most remarkable moment for her.

For such an iconic record, I do wish some of the other tracks would have got similar attention. Arm wrestling Bonnie Tyler for Better Be Good To Me, just something.

Looking at the crowds I'm surprised so many people moan about mobile phones at concerts - fans waving fans (as in fans) is even worse.

I do wonder if Heaven & Hell (Being Geri Halliwell) was her Proud Geru that never was (via When Will I Be Famous of course).

I guess it's all in how heavy the make-up was, but she looks so young in the "in the flesh" footage, but decades older in some of the music videos at the time.

I've never seen What's Love Got To Do With It, but Ms. Bassett was giving me Snatch Game vibes in that courtroom scene. And I love me some Bassett. Then again, watching Tina at the press conference she's doing the exact same :)

I've started to really love The Best again. I always used to associate it with John Menzies and then Rangers FC, but it's stuck on my heart once more. It's whatever she mumbles after "tear us apart" ("oh no"?) that gets me good.

Finishing off season 2 of The Virgin Queen. It's glossy, high-schlock Peyton-Place dribble, but it's easy viewing and I do like me some Annette O'Toole (who is so held back, she must be having a breeze saying yes to this vanilla trash).

Absolutely OBSESSED with The Terror. It's fucking FANTASTIC. Up to episode 8 and don't want it to end. I was breathless after the last episode.

I particularly love any show that is so authentic and cares so much about the detail that you get lost in the atmosphere and feel like you're part of the scene. The outfits, the cinematography, the dialogue, everything clicks.

Apparently it's an anthology and the second season is set in Japan. Not sure if it's meant to be any good.

Also onto Season 3 of Ozark, which keeps getting better, and just started The Flight Attendant, which is great also. Zosia Mamet is so good.

The Flight Attendant is great fun so far.

Blackbeard's sexy syphilis?

This Jack Rackham though>Black Sails Jack Rackham

It is very entertaining, though the delivery of the (obviously impeccably crafted) dialogue has no time for nuance or subtlety and you can almost count the CGI blocks in some scenes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom