tv shows you've seen in 2020

Sheila is one i prefer in the UK version actually. She's a bit more characterurish in the US one which I think is a bit dangerous when portraying mental illness!

Karen I do agree with you though. In the UK one (not sure of you've seen it so sorry of preaching to the choir) she's feisty, but a lot more boring compared to the US one. She also hangs around for all 9 seasons with not a lot else to do after her storylines her finished. The US one is a lot more 'punchy'

I didn't even know there WAS a UK one until like last week, so now I'm really curious. I'm glad there are some differences though. It'll make the UK one feel new when I get to it.

Karen (US) is just SO unlikeable and I'm not really sure where it came from but I like hating her a lot. She's pure DORK-SIDED.

That's because the actress play the role so well. She makes the character incredibly vile.

Meanwhile, nothing is sadder than Mandy's original actress, Jane Levy, ditching the show to go to Suburgatory (which flopped but was still amazing) and being replaced by that other girl, who completely ruined the part.

Oh I always thought he got the worst storylines. I do love Ian x Micky though. The ONLY TV gay couple I've ever liked. They're super cute.

Well yes. He did get some unfortunately storylines. He's just hot and I LOVE him and Mickey. Best TV gay couple ever

Watched all of the Queen’s Gambit yesterday which is very GOOD without being GREAT. Felt a bit fluffy at times but some people online seem to have liked that. I watched it all in a day so it’s quite engrossing regardless, although I think I could’ve done with a few more episodes to flesh out a few of the storylines.

Watched all of the Queen’s Gambit yesterday which is very GOOD without being GREAT. Felt a bit fluffy at times but some people online seem to have liked that. I watched it all in a day so it’s quite engrossing regardless, although I think I could’ve done with a few more episodes to flesh out a few of the storylines.
WHAT DO YOU RECOMMEND WATCHING @Lucille.

I FEEL WE WOULD HAVE SIMILAR TASTE

I’ve not found much recently that has AMAZED ME but did enjoy the Haunting of Bly Manor. I’m struggling to find GREAT TV shows right now, but maybe like men it’s because I have too high standards and struggle to COMMIT.

OMG why is there no individual thread on The Queens Gambit

I was gonna watch the first ten mins in bed last night out of curiosity and ended up watching two and a half episodes

it’s HYPNOTIC

Yeah loads of people told me to watch it but I resisted as I couldn’t imagine a show about CHESS being very RIVETING but I was VERY MUCH MISTAKEN!

I didn't see the first episode of The Queens Gambit (K started watching it without me) but I watched it all and thought it was really good. considering what it was about I thought it might be a bit dull and drag but it engrossing.

Any anime fans I really got into Dorohedoro on Netflix last night. It's an incredibly surreal, and violent show about a man with a crocodile head and the man who lives at the back of his throat. He doesn't remember who he is or why he has a crocodile head but is on a mission to find out, and he REALLY LIKES gyoza. He lives in a city called the Hole, which sorcerers visit from another dimensions to test their magic and generally torture the citizens. My highlight so far is Ebisu, who is a young girl sorcerer who seems to have a hilarious tragedy befall her every episode yet somehow survives, becoming more and more BROKEN and DERANGED every episode, highlights include having her face ripped off and being eaten by zombies. Anyway, it's a lot of fun, and the visuals are great.

Reactions: COB
Any anime fans I really got into Dorohedoro on Netflix last night. It's an incredibly surreal, and violent show about a man with a crocodile head and the man who lives at the back of his throat. He doesn't remember who he is or why he has a crocodile head but is on a mission to find out, and he REALLY LIKES gyoza. He lives in a city called the Hole, which sorcerers visit from another dimensions to test their magic and generally torture the citizens. My highlight so far is Ebisu, who is a young girl sorcerer who seems to have a hilarious tragedy befall her every episode yet somehow survives, becoming more and more BROKEN and DERANGED every episode, highlights include having her face ripped off and being eaten by zombies. Anyway, it's a lot of fun, and the visuals are great.

This looks amazing! I think I'm going to watch it :disco:

I've just finished Snowpiercer. Glad I persevered as the head of hospitality woman really cranked up the camp. I did expect more of a "qol" from the reveal, but I'm all systems go for whenever season 2 happens. A high 7 out of 10.

If I were in casting (and fucking half the writers) I'd be giving Demi Moore a call for J-Con's evil twin/mother/daughter, but that could of course be saved for season 3.

Started watching The Flight Attendant, it's rather good. Kaley Cuoco, Shoshana from Girls and Rosie Perez are :disco: in it, but I have no idea what's going on with Michelle Gomez's Irish/British/US accent...

I’ve started watching The Young Pope with Jude Law. Why have I not known about this earlier? :horny:
wasn't sure where to post this but Jude Law breaking down his roles including The Young Pope, Closer, Ripley, Contagion and more. he's losing his hair but he still looks gorgeous.

wasn't sure where to post this but Jude Law breaking down his roles including The Young Pope, Closer, Ripley, Contagion and more. he's losing his hair but he still looks gorgeous.

Actually watching The New Pope now, right after I finished watching The Third Day. Both promising, but disappointing series, but Jude is always a hit.

Just finished watching Transplant. Really hot Syrian refugee who is a qualified doctor starts work at a Canadian hospital. Great cast including Hamza Haq and John Hannah.

13 Reasons Why (season 1) 5/5
Dead to Me 5/5
Santa Clarita Diet 4/5
Tiger King 3/5
You 2/5

and some Nordic crap no-one else knows.

Has anyone seen "Traces" .. its a UKTV / BBC co-produce. I watched it all over a few nights this week, not sure why it's been dumped onto Iplayer as it's got a great cast and a really decent story and the sort of show they regularly chuck on at 9pm to 5million viewers.

Jennifer Spence as deadpan North American lesbian professor is a total QOL!

My mum told be BBC1 have just started showing this and she's pissed because she thought it was a new series haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom