tv shows you've seen in 2020

Anyone watching The Split on BBC1?

I kind of enjoyed the first series for mid-week watching, and didn't think it would be back for a second series.

The first episode of S2 had a STAR TURN from LEGEND DONNA AIR :D :disco:

It quite reminds me of a Hotel Babylon for Lawyers

I caught up on the first episode of The Split last night. I couldn't remember what happened with the two legal firms at the end of the last series, but that didn't really matter. Easy often silly viewing and nice to see Damien Molony joining the cast too.

Also see that Flack, which has some similarities in tone, is due back on W soon.

Finished The Young Pope and didn’t really like it, to be honest. I have no apetite for watching The New Pope.

Still shocked by how bad Avenue 5 is. How could they allow it to happen?!

High Maintenance however is a welcome comeback.

I tried watching I Am Not Okay With This on Netflix but it was very blah and I quit after 2 episodes.

Finally started a The Expanse Season 4 (why did I wait so long) and it’s great. Shohreh Agdashloo is such a Queen and the move to amazon with the extra budget really shows.

i have not been in much of a mood for tv these days. but:

- i finally finished the rewatch of weeds (i didn't remember anything of the last season)
- just finished avenue 5... i don't know, i stuck with it for some reason, it had it's redeeming qualities. renewed for a second season too...
- am super excited about westworld's new start. i think it can be proper huge

oh, also saw visible - it's a five-part docu limited series on lgbtqipxyz representation on tv in the usa. an interesting, if long watch for sure.

I’ve been re-watching a bit of The Golden Girls to cheer me up. Season 1 is really all killers no fillers episode wise. :disco:

Also watching second season of My Brilliant Friend. Anyone else has watched it?

I’ve been re-watching a bit of The Golden Girls to cheer me up. Season 1 is really all killers no fillers episode wise. :disco:

Also watching second season of My Brilliant Friend. Anyone else has watched it?

the golden girls is just pure joy.

i started watching season 2 of my brilliant friend but gave up halfway through episode one. i just wasn't in the mood i guess. i really liked season 1 but thought it was a mini series. to be honest i'm not sure i really needed a second.

i started watching season 2 of my brilliant friend but gave up halfway through episode one. i just wasn't in the mood i guess. i really liked season 1 but thought it was a mini series. to be honest i'm not sure i really needed a second.

I did the same, but then now during the Corona self isolation it has been a good binge. I wasn’t really in need of a second season, and one of the girls is being really hateful during this season, but the visuals are stunning so...

I did the same, but then now during the Corona self isolation it has been a good binge. I wasn’t really in need of a second season, and one of the girls is being really hateful during this season, but the visuals are stunning so...

one of the actors really reminds me of an ex who i have no desire to think about. probably was a big factor too.

I've cracked on with season 2 of Sex Education which is still fun to watch and Anderson is a bomb. where in the UK is it set? it looks gorgeous

I'm very confused though that Maeve is not Margot Robbie in real life. what is this devilry!

I've just caught up with the second season. Thought it was a bit of a shaky start but picked up quickly and was very enjoyable. Loved Viv of the new characters. Also Gillian Anderson dancing to Gala in a gay club was quite special.

Finished Mrs Fletcher today as well. Kathryn Hahn was excellent and I was sort of interested to read that hot toxic son is the spawn of Katey Segal.

I've cracked on with season 2 of Sex Education which is still fun to watch and Anderson is a bomb. where in the UK is it set? it looks gorgeous

It's filmed in the Wye Valley, which forms part of the southern border between England and Wales. And yes, it's beautiful.

There’s a new HBO mini series, with Winona, that looks excellent. The Plot Against America. I’ll start watching as soon as I’m finished with The Outsider.

There’s a new HBO mini series, with Winona, that looks excellent. The Plot Against America. I’ll start watching as soon as I’m finished with The Outsider.

Oh yeah I heard an interview with Zoe Kazan the other day and it sounded cool. I should give it a try.

I watched Unorthodox on Netflix, cool premise and great acting but the show felt rushed and a bit basic.

Enjoyed Feel Good on Channel 4 (think it is Netflix internationally) with Mae Martin and Charlotte Ritchie. Lisa Kudrow is very good (largely remotely) as Mae's mother.

Oh yeah I heard an interview with Zoe Kazan the other day and it sounded cool. I should give it a try.

I watched Unorthodox on Netflix, cool premise and great acting but the show felt rushed and a bit basic.

I really liked Unorthodox. Thought the lead actress was fab and the guys really fit.

Now watching the final season of Homeland. What a relief it will be to stop worrying for Ms Carrie Madsen like she existed for real when this is all over.

i haven't really cared about most tv lately at all.

tried feel good and dispatches from elsewhere and gave up after an episode.

I saw there was a new season of Better Things which doesn't require much. I commend her for wearing a Christiania sweatshirt and the Kelly reference (OMG SHOES!). half of the time I have no idea what's going on or what's being talked about though...

It’s really well written. Loved the line with Major Charles and his wife, Diana talking about her brother - “What was it they said? There are three of us in this marriage?” :D
Also: it's such a great cast. Her from Peaky Blinders this evening :disco:

I'm a night behind with Quiz but the first episode was great. Love how Matthew Macfayden is playing Major Charles as marginally less of a buffoon than Tom in Succession.

Just watched the first episode of the Phoebe Waller-Bridge exec produced Run, starring the wonderful Merritt Wever. Not immediately blown away but I guess things were just being set up.

I'm watching season 1 if Ozark. It's like Banshee meets The Riches. It's got the woman I like from the San Francisco gay Tales drama - she's very likeable playing unlikeable selfish people.

Seen the Tiger thing. It actually seems very re-watchable. It plays like a spoof, horror, comedy and actual evidence. The woman reminds me of the fat busy body from Romy & Michelle. The Louis Theroux documentary (America's Most Dangerous episode 14 on Netflix), is interesting because Theroux is clearly missing picking at the scab dangling almost completely off in front of his face - either he'll be kicking himself or relieved.

Anyone watching The Split on BBC1?

I kind of enjoyed the first series for mid-week watching, and didn't think it would be back for a second series.

The first episode of S2 had a STAR TURN from LEGEND DONNA AIR :D :disco:

It quite reminds me of a Hotel Babylon for Lawyers
Watched both series together. Love Nicola Walker.
Really enjoyed it

Watched both series together. Love Nicola Walker.
Really enjoyed it

Yeah, is this Nicola Walkers first lead role? I recognised her then realised she has played the baddies or the supporting role in things like Scott and Baily and Casualty

Yeah, is this Nicola Walkers first lead role? I recognised her then realised she has played the baddies or the supporting role in things like Scott and Baily and Casualty

She is in lots of things. Longstanding role in Spooks, and Last Tango in Halifax probably most notably.

She and Sanjeex Bhaskar are co-leads in ITV's Crime Show Unforgotten.

Enjoyed Feel Good on Channel 4 (think it is Netflix internationally) with Mae Martin and Charlotte Ritchie. Lisa Kudrow is very good (largely remotely) as Mae's mother.

I absolute;y loved this after discovering it on Netflix randomly. Watched it all in one night, i suppose 6 x 25 minutes is perfectly binge watching during lockdown telly. I hope we get a season 2.

I'm a night behind with Quiz but the first episode was great. Love how Matthew Macfayden is playing Major Charles as marginally less of a buffoon than Tom in Succession.

Really enjoyed this and didn't think I would. LOVED it from the second episode. It was kind of tongue in cheek and quirky and cheap, but really done well at the same time. Easy watching and three back to back nights of watching made this perfect for these CURRENT CLIMEZ

Has anyone seen "Traces" .. its a UKTV / BBC co-produce. I watched it all over a few nights this week, not sure why it's been dumped onto Iplayer as it's got a great cast and a really decent story and the sort of show they regularly chuck on at 9pm to 5million viewers.

Starring Martin Compston (Line of Duty) and Molly Windsor (Cheat), Traces is a suspense-filled drama told from a fresh point of view - where forensic science takes centre stage.

Set in Scotland, Traces follows three female forensic professionals - Emma Hedges, Sarah Gordon and Kathy Torrance - as they uncover the truth of a murder case and bring a killer to justice.

Described as Happy Valley meets Silent Witness, the show’s been written by Amelia Bullmore (Scott and Bailey, This Life), based on an original idea by best-selling crime writer Val McDermid.

Jennifer Spence as deadpan North American lesbian professor is a total QOL!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom