UK Charts/ Midweeks 2021

I'd guess she's on around 40-50K now? Which wouldn't be bad for an adult pop act in 2021.

I'd guess she's on around 40-50K now? Which wouldn't be bad for an adult pop act in 2021.
I'd guess the lower end of that range, if that. I haven't seen sales figures, other than someone on ukmix saying 'shame it's not even close to silver', last week, but no source quoted.

Considering how quickly she tumbles out after peaking, I'd be surprised if she's picking up many sales in those weeks she's off the chart.

Is silver still 60K? That would be a shame. It must mean she's doing next to nothing in between the album rebounds. I would have thought her moderate success on YouTube and massive critics love in all the end of years lists would have kept her floating.

Is silver still 60K? That would be a shame. It must mean she's doing next to nothing in between the album rebounds. I would have thought her moderate success on YouTube and massive critics love in all the end of years lists would have kept her floating.
Yes, it's 60k.

Just done some digging and someone stated sales of 28k at the end of Feb - so after the second chart run. If that is the case, surely she's still low thirties, before this week at least.

Yes, it's 60k.

Just done some digging and someone stated sales of 28k at the end of Feb - so after the second chart run. If that is the case, surely she's still low thirties, before this week at least.

Close now to 40K then.

In the old days that would probably be enought to get Silver on vinyl/CD print orders! I don't think it works quite the same way with streaming :D

Well I bought the new edition of Jessie Ware - 20 songs for £11 and Moopy's general mania pulled me in. Deluxe editions can pull in the curious when they're good value and this one certainly is. I bought Olivia Rodrigo and Marina this week too so I'm looking at my most chart friendly purchases week in quite a while.

Good to see Bo Burnham doing so well, given that "Inside" includes at least 3 of the best songs of the year, if not more. No, it was a surprise to me too. No physical of this - I suspect there won't be.

I saw picture of it being advertised by Spotify on a billboard in Times Square. Not the physical reissue (obvs), just the album on Spotify, same as its always been

queen

greatest hits

still out now

I never know if this the original G. Hits or the boxset including all 3 of them, I guess the later?

I wonder how many of those cassettes will ever be played. Less than 20%, maybe even less than 10%. "Hmmm, I think I'll listen to the album on my John Deacon cassette copy today. Nah, bollocks to it, I'll just dial it up on Spotify again".

The individual member colour cassettes are already half price. Or £16 for all four.

The individual member colour cassettes are already half price. Or £16 for all four.

Says it all. The No 1 must be in the bag...either that or they've created the offer in to make sure.

I think i read they were 4k ahead in the midweeks, which is like 40k in old money, so I suspect it's in the bag.

1 Queen - Greatest Hits (11.9k)
2 Olivia Rodrigo - Sour (8.3k)
3 Jack Savoretti - Europiana (3.4k)

Not quite 4k. But I suspect safe enough, particularly with that discounting.

It's the 30th anniversary of Abba Gold next year. As much as Universal have reissued it umpteen times on CD (and more recently vinyl), they have never previously bothered with cassette, except for the original release. I bet they are watching with great interest...

It seems likely that Queen will end up less than 20k though, and not all of that will be sales. #1 album or not, that seems like a fairly paltry amount for the cost of TV advertising and manufacturing the different formats. Still, I guess it all feeds streaming and getting Queen on other playlists and increasing revenue. Fuck knows looking at the album chart now it's all about the long game.

Queen GH CD £4.99 on Amazon. Over-estimation of demand or just securing the #1?

I don't see them getting past The Lightning Seeds or Neil Diamond.

Pouring one out for the Official Charts employee who had an article ready to go with all the fun stats about Queen's return to #1

Serves them right for doing such a shite edition. The Beatles got some of their albums back to no 1 with big fuck-off box sets full of outtakes and new mixes. "Oooooh, a sparkly cassette!" SHIT OFF.

I noticed that the Queen CD was back up to £10.99 last night.

Speaking of slightly desperate the Inhaler album was up on Amazon for preorder, signed, for £5.99 for weeks. I know signed copies are the norm now but not at that price.

It's mad to me that 30 million+ people watched the football yesterday, bloody Three Lions was INESCAPABLE EVERYWHERE, and yet Ed Sheeran still had over 200k more streams. How does that happen?

It's mad to me that 30 million+ people watched the football yesterday, bloody Three Lions was INESCAPABLE EVERYWHERE, and yet Ed Sheeran still had over 200k more streams. How does that happen?

I suppose it’s not like anyone actually wanted to privately listen to it outside of singing it communally or hearing clips on TV reports.

Anyway, Mambo Italiano for #1 please.

I suppose it’s not like anyone actually wanted to privately listen to it outside of singing it communally or hearing clips on TV reports.
I did :shy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom