Ukraine 2021: Go_A - SHUM

This new track REALLY isn't a million miles away from The Knife's final album. I'm sure if they were from Sweden they'd be WIDELY CELEBRATED and lauded by the alternative music press instead of representing Ukraine at Eurovision :D

Upon reflection however, as much as I love this track I'm not sure it would work at Eurovision being 4 mins and QUITE the build up. We await the tasty raven treats that will surely soon come :disco:

It’s almost as if there’s some big scandal involving Moopy and a CELEB today.

@ButterTart I have listened.

I love how it's basically three sinppets of the same thing, but praise the Ukrainian gods they are sticking to the Solovey forumla.

"Wym" loses a bit without the video I think, but a similar staging would be fab
"Paho" is the filler of the three for me
"Ueokobka" is my favourite :disco: Love the fast rap-like verses. Can imagine this being a real moment :disco:

@ButterTart I have listened.

I love how it's basically three sinppets of the same thing, but praise the Ukrainian gods they are sticking to the Solovey forumla.

"Wym" loses a bit without the video I think, but a similar staging would be fab
"Paho" is the filler of the three for me
"Ueokobka" is my favourite :disco: Love the fast rap-like verses. Can imagine this being a real moment :disco:
That’s a lot more analysis than I mustered :D

Thank you for paying tribute to the Raven Queen. She promises not to peck out your eyes.

They’re now randomly going to reveal the entry tomorrow.

SHUM it is!

They’ll have to whittle it down to three minutes though.

FFS! I like Shum a lot but it doesn't quite reach the towering heights of Solovey. What could though, I suppose? :(

I LOVE IT but I’m also a bit worried qualification wise. Solovey always seemed to be a borderline qualifier and I feel this is riskier.

The only country left with a 100% qualification record, right?

(other than the UK, France etc.)

The only country left with a 100% qualification record, right?

(other than the UK, France etc.)

Australia too.

I really think we'll be left with none after this year (which is quite the exciting prospect)

I don't hate Shum, but it appeals to me a lot less than Solovey and I agree - if Solovey was borderline, (I know we've only heard four songs so far) I would class this as an unlikely qualifier right now.

This will live or die based on how they cut it down. One of the joys is how it builds into insanity, and if they aren't careful they'll luse that when cutting out almost a third of the song.

Now do the dance girls! :disco:

lx11oVk.gif

Solovey always seemed to be a borderline qualifier and I feel this is riskier.
Wash your mouth out lest the raven queen strike thee down!

Shum was my second favourite of the SNIPPETS. I do hope the staging isn't pandemic themed. Not now loves.

Wash your mouth out lest the raven queen strike thee down!
I still loved it but I’d have been surprised if they’d have easily picked up votes away from Eastern Europe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom