Ukraine 2021: Go_A - SHUM

It sounds the same! There’s still a really awkward transition after the first instrumental breakdown which I just DON’T GET.

Reactions: dUb
Has there previously been a Eurovision entry which speeds up as it goes along? The speed it reaches by the end (of Mk. 2 as well as Mk. 1) reminds me of the delicious insanity of ‘Dancing Lasha Tumbai’ (in spirit rather than sound)

Yeah, I think because it's such a repetitive/rhythmic song, the lyrical changes feel more jarring than they should. In terms of how Joe Public reacts to this, I don't think it'll make any difference whatsoever.

Well I feel like pure shit and just want the old Shum back, but sure you guys all find the positives why don't you. :(

raven.jpg

Live scenes from Barking.

the_birds_2017-06-15.gif

This gif repeating with this song in the background creates quite the mood.

I like the new version I guess, but it is slightly worse. I don't see why they had to replace the entire melody though? Why did they even change it?

I thought that video was a joke when it was posted last week! Either way, how did Go_a even find it

If they had just gotten the old women to perform with them, they could have used the original version (presumably). Problem solved

To get some much-needed perspective given that I have none, I asked a friend - let’s call her JOANNE PUBLIC - what she thinks of the efforts of Raven Queen and friends and she says that she can see it doing well and she likes the face wear. On this basis I (ever so slightly optimistically and totally delusionally) call WINNER and KYIV 2022 :disco:

I think this will finish 11th in the semi :(

Although I’ve tagged him in a Eurovision thread so maybe that’ll do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom