Ukraine 2021: Go_A - SHUM

It was a shame because she was a well regarded star of the stage. Now would you even know they swapped Martin Fowler's? Now that's a good swap. Did you know that every time Ben Mitchell ages a year they now speed up the swaps x2?
Apparently Susan Tully didn’t come back as Michelle because she’s the next in line to take over as Ben.

зеленесенькііііііііііііііііііііііііііііі

tenor.gif

Trophy points for whoever works out an entire PANTHEON OF THE GODS from this year's Eurovision acts please.

I LOVED the whole of Ukraine’s staging, but that closing shot is PERFECTION! I also loved the bit where the island looks like it’s propelling across the stage.

The only bit I'm not totally sold on is where they start FINGERING the sand (?)

It kind of feels a little like they had 10 seconds of stage time to fill with no clear focus point so they made something weird up JUST BECAUSE :D

Last edited:
Just thinking about this again. I do hope they release it in full. I'm assuming she's invited to the final too?

The only bit I'm not totally sold on is where they start FINGERING the sand (?)

It kind of feels a little like they had 10 seconds of stage time to fill with no clear focus point so they made something weird up JUST BECAUSE :D

they’re ushering in the SPRING!

Apparently Shum is both the name of the GODDESS OF SPRING and also the Ukrainian word for NOISE

I say this as a converted SHUM admirer so don’t come for me but that last note was out of tune on Tuesday right?

I say this as a converted SHUM admirer so don’t come for me but that last note was out of tune on Tuesday right?
The high one!? No way she NAILED it*!

*Possibly Tuesday night's excitement, adrenalin(a) and alcohol talking but I don't wish to be disappointed watching back on a Thursday morning so won't be rectifying this statement

• Wow
Reactions: dUb
Yeah that one! Sounded off to me anyway. I’m ready for the ravens to come.

You can’t hear over the ROAR of the crowd :disco:

It's not a NOTE, it's a CALL TO SPRING and as such it's not sung in a key. :disco:

(It's a little sharper on record, yes - she had to do some lifting halfway through live)

I hate to go all "CWEJ BOOK OF STATS" (love you @cwej <3) on you but the cross-appeal our raven queen had from hardcore loons to the most casual of viewers that I know was SOMETHING.

No one is immune to her menacing powers and glares.

I haven't done the album, but I did do their top tracks on Spotify the other week and they were blinding :disco:

Honestly - something this unabashedly Eastern European (without an obvious diaspora here) got points on the UK televote! Talk about something that just says it all about what an absolute fucking TRIUMPH this was

Last edited:
Reactions: GNL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom