Ukraine 2022: Kalush Orchestra - Stefania

It’s really really horrible (but I have said that enough times now).

They’re also the bookies favourites now. Not that it means anything AT ALL in the grand scheme of things, but a nice thing to see nonetheless.

Going through all the entries today and I absolutely love this - the 45 seconds of instrumental at the end and the performance make this 10/10 for me.

:disco: on the basis that you’re not being sarcastic, which I don’t think you are. I like this so much more than the song which won. The flutey thing is quite Go_A-ish :disco:

This is a mixed bag. Hot singer and I like the flutey bits and the instrumental at the end but everything else is awful.

Good news that they will be there! The song has grown on me, but still don’t think it will win regardless of the odds. Alina Pash I suspect may have ran away with things.

Even though I love the song, I don’t want them to do TOO well with the jury considering it’d be nice to go into the televote with things looking CLOSE.

In seriousness I'm quite glad they didn't send Alina Pash - I suspect they'd have done even better in the jury vote, and the whole contest really would've felt like a totally forgone conclusion from mid-March given it was close to a full winning package already, whereas with Stefania there was always the question of whether the sympathy vote would make up for all the rest.

They would’ve won either way I’m sure, but I genuinely think this struck a more votable tone than Alina in the end. It never felt like it was asking for pity, only solidarity.

I am glad they didn’t send Alina Pash for different reasons. The spoken word bit remains unbearable.
I had a quick listen to it just now to remind myself what it sounds like and that rap thing is indeed excruciating

Thank God for the Kalush Orchestra :disco:

They would’ve won either way I’m sure, but I genuinely think this struck a more votable tone than Alina in the end. It never felt like it was asking for pity, only solidarity.
Her only toy was a book of Shakespeare! :oi:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom