United Kingdom 2022: Sam Ryder - SPACE MAN

WHADDYA THINK?

• Total voters
I can't remember where it was now, but I read an article yesterday with some record exec quotes, and I was heartened to see that they're planning to push a second single sooner rather than later. They really do seem to be making a long-term investment in him.

Pleased for him - he deserves a portfolio career out of this in the UK - music, touring, television etc. Any artist willing to put themselves up for the UK in Eurovision a year after our greatest flop, and pull it out of the bag so spectacularly, has earned some success afterwards.

Really pleased for him - thinking the single might get a boost next week after the Jubilee concert too.

17.4m streams on Spotify. I think that ranks him 7th from the 2022 class.

A few others for comparison:

Mahmood 92.2m
Cornelia Jakobs 25.9m
S10 25.4m
Chanel 25.2m
Kalush 22.9m
Subwoolfer 17.9m
The Rasmuss 7.7m
Ochman 7.6m
Amanda Tenfjord 6.3m
Konstrakta 6.2m
Brooke 3.5m :(
Circus Mircus 1.3m :basil:

Do we know where he is on the midweeks as of today @ManicKangaroo ?

He's down to 26 now on Spotify.

Yeah but if you take out the ineligible Harry songs above him he is at #17, and #12 on Apple Music. So he is holding brilliantly given the contest was three weeks ago.

Down to #11, so joining the likes of Scooch and Precious with only 2 weeks in the top 10.

Yes I remember when Scooch were about to perform in front of millions of viewers at Buckingham Palace.

Down to #11, so joining the likes of Scooch and Precious with only 2 weeks in the top 10.
I'd have been thrilled with anything even peaking at #11 most years. Basically where the biggest breakout hit of each year (usually the winner) would peak in a good year in the mid-10s.

#9 on iTunes currently

#26 on Spotify, although obviously we won't see any impact there for a couple of days

How is the Jubilee version different? I didn't watch.

I thought the version he performed was the Eurovision version?

Based on the commentz, a huge success for (U)R SAM.

Good on him.

He was really good and great to see (yet) another version. Loved his ‘what a great moment for us all to come together, thanks, BYE!’ at the end :D - I am paraphrasing but it was something like that.

How is the Jubilee version different? I didn't watch.

I thought the version he performed was the Eurovision version?

It was basically the same but it had an extended guitar bit and an as-close-as-you-could-get-away-with Queen-esque call and response, Dum-dum-cha Dum-da-dum-cha We Will Almost Rock You bit

The Year is 2022 - fans are a bit disappointed when the UK Eurovision entry is denied a third week in the Top 10 by a resurgent Kate Bush

Insanity Going Crazy GIF

Last edited:
I don't like that version, and am choosing to pretend it doesn't exist.

The idea of a Eurovision Song re-entering the top ten a month after the contest is too delicious to contemplate though.

I hope we get multiple versions of it in the years to come and he wheels it out at every opportunity.

SPACE MAN (Special Diana Resurrection Version)

Is anyone going to the Glasgow gig on Wednesday? He’s not likely to be on at 7:30 is he? But he’s not exactly got any support either so I’m unsure

*misses the whole thing*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom