United Kingdom 2022: Sam Ryder - SPACE MAN

WHADDYA THINK?

• Total voters

VoR

Take it or leave it
OH DEAR GOD @Kratz WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!

Jessie J reportedly at top of BBC’s wishlist for Eurovision 2022​

The singer is "in talks" to represent the UK, according to British media​

Singer-songwriter Jessie J, known for songs including “Price Tag” and “Domino”, is reportedly at the top of the BBC’s wishlist of artists to represent the United Kingdom at next year’s Eurovision Song Contest in Italy. This comes after a string of disappointing results including two last places in a row – with the UK’s 2021 entry “Embers” scoring nul points.

A source told The Sun today that BBC producers “think Jessie would be perfect” as “she has a huge following in Europe” ( :eyes: ). Jessie J has sold over 20 million singles and 3 million albums worldwide. She has also been a mentor on The Voice in both the UK and Australia. If Jessie J was selected for Eurovision 2022, she would be the first UK entrant since Bonnie Tyler in 2013 to have already had chart hits prior to the contest.

With the UK failing to make the top ten in the last 12 years, the BBC is seemingly wanting to turn their fortunes around for the 2022 contest. An unnamed music source told The Sun that:

The production team are desperate to make a fresh start after this year’s flop and are trying to lure top talent with promises of lucrative record sales and international exposure. They are determined to come back fighting and think Jessie would be perfect. She has a huge following in Europe.
– The Sun reporting on the Jessie J news
On Friday, Jessie J released her new single “I Want Love” – her first new solo project since 2019. The song has immediately hit iTunes charts worldwide with the song even topping the iTunes chart in Portugal. Even two days after its release, “I Want Love” still remains in the iTunes top 40 in eight countries – including the UK, Israel, Norway and Austria. The global love for Jessie is clearly still there!

To use her own words:

not my ex GIF by Jessie J

The whole “we all hate Jessie J don’t we everyone” thing is a bit tired at this point. She’s had her ‘punishment’ and career doldrums now so I kind of fail to see the point

She would be a great choice. The vocals are impeccable (if you like that sort of thing) and she’s a very capable performer.

Yes, she smacks of arrogance but she would hardly be the first on the Eurovision stage to do so :eyes:

I mean you would after JAMES NEWMAN

But “a source told THE SUN” makes me think it’s probably UNTRUE.

I did buy, and rather enjoy her debut album back when I was a ten year old gay :eyes::disco:

Well I am notoriously on record declaring her to be the new Whitney Houston and while I don’t necessarily stand by those words, she’s clearly WELL ABLE to succeed at Eurovision

That's not going to be many people though
If she cuts the annoying tics and over-singing (which she did on the Chinese show), it absolutely would be

She’s a fantastic vocalist when reining it in

What date do we think Fleur East will be rumoured this year?

But OMG this thread is definitely going to be Moopy Gold worthy. The first ten replies alone and dUb is already FURIOUSLY DEFENDING Jessie J :disco:

I don’t find her likeable, no. But anyone who can’t admit that she’d be the best you’ve put forward in 10 years plus is DELUDED

Reactions: Hak
Imagine her entering something like THIS. Right hand side? I don't think

Domino is obviously good too but very 2010. And yeah Thunder is a bop. Bang Bang can't really be denied it's place in pop culture...

I ADMIT IT I LOVE JESSIE J

• Care
Reactions: dUb
Is she really 'top of a wishlist', or just someone fairly contemporary who the BBC might envisage is at a career low point enough to take it on?

Either way, I don't like HER, but that doesn't mean she's necessarily a bad choice. With the right song (I know) she's a good one.

If there is anything to any of this (either Jessie being at the top of the list or even somebody just writing ‘Eurovision!’ on a post-it), I take it Sony / BMG won’t be lending a hand again :eyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom