United Kingdom 2022: Sam Ryder - SPACE MAN

WHADDYA THINK?

• Total voters
Do ticket holders get to go in her house? I imagine the furniture is a TINY BIT COMMON :disco:

Probably all been chopped up for firewood, now that she's having to dip into the pension pot

You would have thought that that regional tour of Footloose The Musical would have set her up for LIFE

Downstairs loo ONLY and that includes Frau Aston.

They keep the quilted paper UPSTAIRS and those Nazi Fizz fans won't be getting any of THAT
Or NAZIZZ fans :disco:

Apparently Jay splashes herself all over the place and Crudge can’t afford Dulux Kitchen and Bathroom on her benefits so the memory will always linger on the walls :(

This is the woman who'd turn up to the opening of a packet of biscuits as long as you chuck her a few quid. HOW has someone so opportunist ended up this poor?
She’s clearly frittered it away on Pierrot dolls and Blue Nun. Made quite a pretty penny 40 years ago and has blown the lot. Very careless :(

• Care
Reactions: COB
I think it's safe to say we're all a bit R SAM obsessed right now.

Tiny Riot is better song than Space Man

His Set You Free ain't bad.

He’s got that BLOODY edge to his voice which Sia also brings to the party and which gets many :disco: points from Haus A23

I think it's safe to say we're all a bit R SAM obsessed right now.

Tiny Riot is better song than Space Man

His Set You Free ain't bad.

Tiny Riot is really good. Not as good as Space Man IMO but not far off

Just rewatched the performance for the first time. I can't overstate how fucking good it is, Jesus Christ.

How the Hell are we going to follow that?
I presume the Dutch had much the same thought after The Common Linnets - and, to be fair, they very much fucked the brief in 2015 :basil: - but it didn't take that long for them to crack it once they'd found a rough formula...

I presume the Dutch had much the same thought after The Common Linnets - and, to be fair, they very much fucked the brief in 2015 :basil: - but it didn't take that long for them to crack it once they'd found a rough formula...
So if we use them as a rough guide; we stack it next year with Amanda Holden, achieve moderate success with BISEXUAL Duncan James, match that with the tight harmonies and slack tuppences of Atomic Kitten the following year, lose our way with Kelly Jones as a plantation owner, score a shock win with a cover of Ochman's 'River', force Lemar on stage with an ode to cruciferous vegetables and round it all off by sending Rebecca Adlington to do a song in foreign. I won't lie, I'm excited :disco:

Not sure it’s been posted yet - chart update from OCC:

Not sure it’s been posted yet - chart update from OCC:

What is the likelihood of a number one? I see he is very close to number 2. @Nancy did you not predict a number 2 smash?

That wouldn’t have included streaming from yesterday, which he was #1 across the board.

It will all I guess depend on how he holds up - if he remains at the top for a few days he could be in with a chance, if he slips it will come down to if he slips slowly or drops off hugely as to whether he enters at like #3 or #7 etc.

I think he may have ok legs - he’s already a big airplay hit, lots of great press and I imagine he will promote well over the next couple of weeks which should hopefully see a genuinely decent chart run.

17 May 2022

Sam Ryder's SPACE MAN closes gap on Harry Styles in race to Number 1 on the Official Chart following Eurovision success​

As the country rallies behind Sam Ryder, could he end Harry Styles' six-week reign atop The Official Chart?​

sam-ryder-space-man-eurovision-ukraine-second-place-number-1-harry-styles.jpg

By Carl Smith
UK Eurovision hero Sam Ryder closes the gap on Harry Styles overnight in the race to become this week's Official UK Number 1 single.

After placing second to Ukraine's Kalush Orchestra and their winning track Stefania in the Eurovision Song Contest 2022 last weekend, Essex singer and songwriter Sam Ryder continues to rocket up the midweek Official Singles Chart with SPACE MAN.
Sam scored 466 points at this year's competition in Turin, proving the UK's most successful entry since Imaani's Where Are You in 1998, and today closes the gap on Harry Styles in the increasingly-tight race for this
A very special Official Charts Company update shows Sam has rocketed overnight past Cat Burns and her hit Go, and now currently sits at Number 2. Just 1,880 chart sales separate SPACE MAN from Harry Styles' Number 1 As It Was. Will Sam be able to catch up? It's all to play for before the Official Singles Chart is unveiled this Friday - but he'll need the UK's help to get him there.
Could Sam end Harry's six-week reign at the top and boast the first Eurovision song to hit Number 1 since Gina G's Ooh Aah...Just a Little Bit in 1996? If the UK continues to embrace SPACE MAN, there's no telling how far this song could go - in what is proving to be the most exciting chart race of the year so far.
sam-ryder-number-1-single-eurovisionspace-man-harry-styles-as-it-was.jpg

MORE: Sam Ryder 'couldn't be happier' with record-breaking Eurovision success

As the country gets behind Sam in his bid for Number 1, a Top 5 position looks very likely indeed. Should he manage it, SPACE MAN would prove the first UK Eurovision entry to reach the Top 5 since Scooch's Flying the Flag (For You) back in 2007.
Martin Talbot, CEO of the Official Charts Company, says: "The UK has gone Eurovision crazy this year, so it is fantastic to see Sam Ryder’s SPACE MAN making a genuine bid for Number 1 in the Official Chart this week.
"And, just as the nation was cheering him on last Saturday, they will no doubt be cheering him on through the rest of this week too. Let’s hope he can go one better than his second place in Turin and lead the field in the UK’s Official Singles Chart.”

Harry’s back at #1 today on Spotify so I suspect he’ll hang on. Sam only down to #2 though.
I like Harry as much as anybody else but those Spotify playlists have a lot to answer for.

I don't think the song will sink the week after like they usually do - it feels like this song has crossed over now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom