United Kingdom 2022: Sam Ryder - SPACE MAN

WHADDYA THINK?

• Total voters
Now performing at WEMBLEY!

4BABC0E5-9E36-45AE-B523-42D28A3A62EF.gif

Is anyone going to the Glasgow gig on Wednesday? He’s not likely to be on at 7:30 is he? But he’s not exactly got any support either so I’m unsure

*misses the whole thing*

He was on at 8:30 and was QUITE GOOD

Apparently pre-Sam, only two Eurovision songs in the past 40 years have spent more than two weeks in the UK top ten. Johnny Logan's Hold Me Now and Gina G's Ooh Aah... Just a Little Bit.

Apparently pre-Sam, only two Eurovision songs in the past 40 years have spent more than two weeks in the UK top ten. Johnny Logan's Hold Me Now and Gina G's Ooh Aah... Just a Little Bit.
Presumably cut off a 40 years because in 1982, Bardo also managed three weeks with One Step Further :disco:

And Nicole also managed five, but that's far less exciting.

Reactions: VoR
Yes when you get beyond 1982 there's obviously a fair few more. ABBA, Bucks Fizz, Vicky Leandros...

Eurovision songs always have short shelf lives in the charts. The few that become breakouts are the exceptions.

I think even Waterloo had only 9 weeks on the chart.

I think even Waterloo had only 9 weeks on the chart.
Although the chart was only a Top 50 then. And 9 weeks on the chart for a #1 single while on the shorter side wasn't unusual. Certainly it's another case of 'you can't compare the charts now with the charts then'.

He must be going silver in the next week or two, which is rather unheard of for a UK Eurovision entrant :D

#8 on the first midweek flashes.

Also he's announced quite an extensive UK & Ireland tour for next year, and his debut album is scheduled to be released on 14 October.

Friday 15th MarchBelfastUlster Hall
Saturday 16th MarchDublin3Olympia
Tuesday 21st MarchManchesterAcademy
Wednesday 22nd MarchGlasgowO2 Academy
Thursday 23rd MarchNewcastleO2 City Hall
Saturday 25th MarchLiverpoolO2 Academy
Sunday 26th MarchLeedsO2 Academy
Tuesday 28th MarchBirminghamO2 Academy
Wednesday 29th MarchCambridgeCorn Exchange
Thursday 30th MarchLondonEventim Apollo
Saturday 1st AprilCardiffThe Great Hall
Sunday 2nd AprilBristolO2 Academy
Tuesday 4th AprilBournemouthO2 Academy
Wednesday 5th AprilBrightonDome

A hit dance feature feels like a good stepping stone between successful Eurovision entry and more of his own material.

Sigala confirmed during an interview at Capital FM Summertime Ball that his next single will be a collaboration with David Guetta and R SAM
I know this is just me getting old but I don't understand two DJs collaborating together, what was wrong with a nice old A feat. B or even A vs. B?

I was with mother dearest in TK MAXX no less, just the other day. Space Man came on and she declared her love for it and that she wanted it on CD single(!)

Well done R SAM you won my mum over, a skill achieved by approximately no previous Eurovision artist except Cliff Richard.

He's singing the national anthem at the British Grand Prix today.

Surie will be explaining the lunch time deal is only Mon- Thur for the 8th time today and that vouchers don't apply to deals.

Reactions: D5K

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom