United Kingdom 2023: Mae Muller - I Wrote a Song

How will it do?

• Total voters

bypass

GROWTH GROWTH GROWTH
Is it too early to start this thread? :basil:

Where do we go from here? I'd love us to take a bit more risk and send someone like Rina Sawayama.

Claudia Valentina was rumoured a lot last year(due to being signed to TAP) but having listening to her stuff i'm not convinced.

Also how about a bit of diversity? Yes of course the song and the cailbre of the performer are important but our last three entrants have been WHITE MEN. And I can't even remember the last time an artist of colour represented us. Must of been what, Jade?

If we do end up hosting, then a hark back to our glory days and celebrating our last winner would be an absolute hoot. She may be getting on a bit but the few tweets and appearances here and there have shown there's still love for Eurovision there and her pure talent and grit to show the naysayers we've still "got it" would I think set us up well for years to come.

Nicola French ladies and gentlemen! :disco:

But seriously (:eyes:) if we DO host, and based off a good performance this year, I wonder if a slightly bigger name might be tempted? Mel C maybe finally!

If we do end up hosting, then a hark back to our glory days and celebrating our last winner would be an absolute hoot. She may be getting on a bit but the few tweets and appearances here and there have shown there's still love for Eurovision there and her pure talent and grit to show the naysayers we've still "got it" would I think set us up well for years to come.

Nicola French ladies and gentlemen! :disco:

But seriously (:eyes:) if we DO host, and based off a good performance this year, I wonder if a slightly bigger name might be tempted? Mel C maybe finally!
Stop saying things!

I hope it’s not R Sam again, it’s VERY rare for a return artist to do better the second time around - well, at least if they came second - I don’t know why you’d want the large chance of just doing worse

Leigh Anne from Little Mix is on TAP's roster, but if we're going full gay fantasy, Jade Thirwall would be FAB :disco:

not my ex GIF by Jessie J

🤗

I know it’s lazy, and not really what we want to see, but has Sam Ryder given any indication whether he’d be willing to do it again next year?

I think he said something about doing it again "in a heartbeart" if asked, but it struck me purely as an off the cuff response.

Theres no way the BBC would surely. It also doesn't look great, "yeah....we couldn't find anyone else that can get us another top 5/10 so we're gonna use him again".

That being said if we do end up hosting I absolutely would want him to present!

Reactions: GNL
My wish list is Skin off the Skunk Anansie, Alexandra Burke or SuRie. The latter is a great performer and has some really solid material so fuck off it’s not a shit idea you’re a shit idea.
Jack Savoretti as well, while we’re at it.

It's quite exciting to contemplate the potential if the BBC don't drop the ball on this (and I think we all worry about that). James Newman's 'will that do?' grin at the end of his performance of Embers should remain the UK nadir (notwithstanding Josh Dubovie).

I think he said something about doing it again "in a heartbeart" if asked, but it struck me purely as an off the cuff response.

Theres no way the BBC would surely. It also doesn't look great, "yeah....we couldn't find anyone else that can get us another top 5/10 so we're gonna use him again".

That being said if we do end up hosting I absolutely would want him to present!
He said the schedule was brutal and that he’d definitely want to do it again, but not two years in a row.

Does it matter what people WANT from the UK?

Plenty of people were saying in the run-up that Sam was a great UK entry because he's exactly what people want from the UK. Now I want a tits our banger from the UK, but does Europe?
I think if we approach a banger with the same determination we did with Sam, it could be what everyone wants.
This does make me think Jessie J would be a good shout; I make no apologies for thinking Laserlight was an absolute monster and would have been an amazing entry.

Plenty of people were saying in the run-up that Sam was a great UK entry because he's exactly what people want from the UK. Now I want a tits our banger from the UK, but does Europe?

I think it has to make sense with our musical history and identity. I think if we turn up with a latin banger, a la Javine, it ain't gonna werq.

Plenty of people were saying in the run-up that Sam was a great UK entry because he's exactly what people want from the UK. Now I want a tits out banger from the UK, but does Europe?

Depends how good the tits are

I think 'She Got Me' was more of a pop banger than a latin banger. It's a song I could see the UK entering without thinking 'pastiche'

We are about to disappear down a rabbit hole here...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom