Updated Madonna album rankings 2019 (pre-Madame X)

Entire ranking NULL AND VOID. #SorryNOTSorry

that was meant to be 7th but i get the point. like i said, i only got the 80s albums when i was pretty old and i could never get past some of their album tracks so it's pretty much down to what singles i prefer.

Like A Prayer

True Blue
Ray of Light
Confessions on a Dancefloor
Music
I’m Breathless

Erotica
Bedtime Stories
American Life
Madonna
Like A Virgin

Hard Candy
MDNA
Rebel Heart

1. Confessions on a Dance Floor
2. Ray of Light
3. American Life
4. Music
5. Madonna
6. Like a prayer
7. Hard Candy
8. True Blue
9. MDNA
10. Erotica
11. Like a Virgin
12. Bedtime Stories
13. Rebel Heart

I mean I can’t say there’s not an influence of where I was in my life, especially the top 4, Hard Candy and MDNA, but whatever, it’s my list

Rebel Heart is almost a DNQ because I haven’t listened to it that much, so it was difficult to rank. But I did give it a fair whack and haven’t been back to it

9. MDNA
10. Erotica
oh my :D

01. Confessions on a Dance Floor
02. Ray of Light
03. Erotica
04. Music
05. Hard Candy
06. True Blue
07. American Life
08. Like a Virgin
09. Like a Prayer
10. Bedtime Stories
11. Rebel Heart
12. Madonna
13. MDNA

I can play the top 5 end to end, the rest I only ever cherry pick from

A lot of people putting Rebel Heart at the bottom. Surprising.

I really NEED to listen more to the really early albums apart from the singles before I can do this fairly.

The vocal/mastering issues across Rebel Heart are so major that it hardly matters if the songs themselves are good (they're mostly not)

I do however think Devil Pray is probably her joint best of the decade (with Medellín), and that Ghosttown, Unapologetic Bitch, Rebel Heart and Body Shop are not far behind - it's a great EP

The vocal/mastering issues across Rebel Heart are so major that it hardly matters if the songs themselves are good (they're mostly not)

I do however think Devil Pray is probably her joint best of the decade (with Medellín), and that Ghosttown, Unapologetic Bitch, Rebel Heart and Body Shop are not far behind - it's a great EP

Yeah, this is pretty much how I feel about it. It feels so thrown together and shoddy in so many aspects. It’s hard not to hate.

1. Erotica
2. Ray of Light
3. Like a Prayer
4. Bedtime Stories
5. Music
6. Confessions on a Dance Floor
7. True Blue

8. American Life
9. Madonna
10. Rebel Heart
11. Like a Virgin
12. Hard Candy
13. MDNA

There's quite a DROP OFF after Confessions, but honestly the top nine are all varying degrees of greatness. I don't listen to I'm Breathless enough to really rate it one way or another.

1. Ray of Light
2. True Blue
3. Erotica
4. Like a Prayer
5. Bedtime Stories
6. Music
7. Madonna
8. Like a Virgin
9. Confessions on a Dance Floor

10. Hard Candy
11. American Life
12. Rebel Heart

13. MDNA

Last edited:
Ray of Light
Confessions on a Dance Floor
Erotica
American Life
Music
Like a Prayer
Bedtime Stories
True Blue
Madonna
Like a Virgin
Hard Candy
MDNA
Rebel Heart

Rebel Heart just didn't do it for me. There are songs on Hard Candy and MDNA that I still go back to, but nothing that ended up on the final RH album is as good as it could have been. If we had gotten some of the demos it might be a different story.

I seriously don't know how people could choose Hard Candy or MDNA over Rebel Heart

The latter has the glorious Ghosttown (and Joan of Arc)

I seriously don't know how people could choose Hard Candy or MDNA over Rebel Heart

The latter has the glorious Ghosttown (and Joan of Arc)
I like how the “there’s a quite good 10 track album in there” has become “it would make a great 2-track single”.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom