Vague TV nostalgia identification help needed

Diddy

愛してるって 言わなきゃ殺す
I might have to give up on the Rotunda chat in the Challenge Anneka thread but before I go to bed I have to pose the question

WHAT was the one-off TV special on Channel 4 that was just footage from a helicopter circumnavigating Great Britain’s coastline, possibly starting at Land’s End and presumably finishing there.

No presenter onscreen, possibly no narrator either, just informative captions?

It must have been around 1990

SEND HELP

It's obviously NOT it, but it sounds like that thing BBC4 did where it was just a bus going around Yorkshire for four hours.

It's obviously NOT it, but it sounds like that thing BBC4 did where it was just a bus going around Yorkshire for four hours.
And they've done similar with canal boats too.

This?

"Round Britain Whizz" was a 1986 half-hour programme of the BBC science series "Q.E.D.". It consisted of a speeded up flight around the coastline of Great Britain with guest appearances from geologists and TV personalities including Patrick Moore, David Bellamy and Terry Wogan telling the viewer about the geology and natural history of certain areas.

"The Shape of The Nation"

In 1988 the BBC filmed an extended 2-hour version called "The Shape of The Nation", which was broadcast on Boxing Day. This version had different narrators for the three countries or Britain: John Westbrook for England, Sally Magnusson for Scotland and Clay Jones for Wales. The coastline of England, Scotland and Wales was filmed at close quarters from an RAF Hawk, and the accompanying narrative included comments from locals, and experts such as geologist Fred Dunning, geographer John Smith, Sir Patrick Moore, Sir Alec Rose and Frank Hennesey amongst others. The Hawk was flown by Squadron Leader Ray Thilthorpe.

Last edited:
Well it feels like we are getting closer but it wasn’t in a fighter jet, and it wasn’t as old as that other one

Could you have mixed this up with the opening credits from Treasure Hunt? Hence why you thought of Channel 4 :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom