Veganuary 2021

RJN

User
Have any of you found a good alternative to milk to use in tea? Pretty much everything I've bought makes it look like SICK in a cup and I'm currently trying to make myself just like black tea instead :D

I drink black coffee and almost never drink tea but a lot of people really love oat milk. I had an oat milk latte to try once and it was probably my favorite milk alternative I've ever had

Indie

How appropriate. You fight like a cow.
Is semen vegan? I guess if it's given willingly. It's probably more vegan than yeast. Those poor little yeasties.

Sheena

Hang on to your chair, dearie...
Semen, and yeast, are both fine. They’re not animals, they’re microorganisms. And not produced by exploiting animals, though the amount of dumb men I’ve fucked just to get a load out of them may suggest otherwise...

octophone

User
Surely, you’re not abstaining from swallowing CUM now?

Philosophically, being vegan is a stand against the exploitation of animals. In consensual oral sex, there is no exploitation, therefore semen is vegan.

Sorry to be a twat but I've heard that one a few times and it bugs me.

octophone

User
Also @Sheena - I spotted the Tesco Wicked range sriracha sauce - I highly recommend the teriyaki sauce from the same range. Absolute yum.

RaspberrySwirl

Leftover
Philosophically, being vegan is a stand against the exploitation of animals. In consensual oral sex, there is no exploitation, therefore semen is vegan.

Sorry to be a twat but I've heard that one a few times and it bugs me.

I guess I was looking at it form a biological perspective.

Nancy

CAR CLAMP CLUB
Petrol is made from dead animals. Think on car driving vegans.
Just on this, it’s practically impossible to live 100% totally vegan. For example, animal products can also end up in the ink in printers and even money.

Veganism therefore has to be an ideal - something to aim for and a direction to move towards.

Indie

How appropriate. You fight like a cow.
I'd happily shove a pterodactyl down my car's fuel tank if it's the only way.

Suedey

Long Snake Moan
Tesco's dark choc digestives are vegan by the way - just FYI.

lolly

Rowena? From Kuwait?
I'm not doing Veganuary, but I am consciously reducing the amount of meat and fish I eat. That I can do and feel successful (and perhaps then build on it), whereas if I purposely deny myself, I'll end up craving it, feeling I've failed, and then eating more meat instead of less. Today we've had a vegan day purely by accident - well it was consciously veggie, but I realised when making dinner that it could be vegan if I avoided the parmesan, so I did.

I've posted about Co-Op's vegan range before, and I do love their vegan meatballs. And they successfully fooled one of the cats tonight as well.

Nancy

CAR CLAMP CLUB
Sorry to bring this around to me again(!), but I have found that going vegan has given me a focus that I desperately needed after conquering my addictions. It’s given me a focus and also something where I feel I have control over what I put in my body with clear boundaries in place, if that makes sense.

Sheena

I cooked a green shepherd’s pie tonight and it was incredible.

To keep up the inspiration factor I’ve started a vegan insta- @vegdanuary (see what I did there?!). I’m quite sure I’ll be a VEGAN WANKER but I figure it might make me stick to things for the month if I feel accountable to my fourteen followers. Give me a follow if you fancy seeing some shit photos of tasty food...

Mats

User
PINE NUTS :disco:

I bought and devoured some vegan nuggets yesterday. I don't know what they were made of but was very impressed by texture and taste. all that was missing was curry sauce :(

Sheena

Vegan breaded “chicken” is generally fairly good. Made me realise it’s more the breaded bit than the chicken which I crave...

Well my lunch was accidentally vegan, but it included avocado, which is apparently worse than Hitler now, so there...

lolly

Rowena? From Kuwait?
I've just bought a tub of nutritional yeast. Going to have to work hard not to just spoon that into my mouth every time I open the cupboard.

Kate

she's for the streets BITCH
Isn't it GOOD! I think I'm just going to use it as seasoning on EVERYTHING.

lolly

Rowena? From Kuwait?
I bought it to use it as an alternative to parmesan for sprinkling. But yes, I can imagine a myriad of possible uses.

Mats

User
I got a jar of Marmite from a friend who returned from the UK. I don't like it on its own at all. any recipes I can give a try? good in some sauces I presume?

lolly

Rowena? From Kuwait?
I love Marmite on its own, but yes, bung it in pretty much any sauce for an extra savoury kick. And it goes wonderfully with a bit of cheddar in pretty much any form.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom