Vice

A Bill/Hillary film would have been better

• Total voters

Ellie

Super talented triple threat
Didn’t really love this one to be honest. Bale and Adams give brilliant performances, but it just doesn’t lend itself well to a comedy. Rockwell is fine but his nomination just feels like it’s padding out the category.

There’s only one rather funny moment just before the halfway mark, but I don’t want to spoil it. Otherwise the choice to have Jesse Plemons narrate the thing before finally explaining his relation to the story at the end ultimately didn’t work. All of the events are just too recent to look back on in this way. I really liked The Big Short, but that was far more informative.

5/10

I hated this the longer it went, it’s just so satisfied with itself telling us shit we know. Bale is good but the direction is all over the place.

that last scene where he turns and talks to the audience and says he did for the people just opposes everything the movie has been saying for the past two hours

Ugh, this was insufferable. Smug, self-satisfied and constantly going for the laziest, easiest joke. I didn't feel like it made any real attempt to get under the skin of its subject whatsoever. I'm certainly not saying I wanted to watch a sympathetic portrait of Dick Cheney, but if you're making a dramatic film, you have to have some kind of insight into him beyond 'he was a terrible monster'.

The bit where they literally start quoting MacBeth may be the single most irritating movie scene I've watched in a good while.

This is the T. It's so lazy and self-indulgent; there's so many information dumps that could have been better handled; I felt we knew so little about what drove Cheney to act as he did during the Bush presidency and especially on Iraq.

And that ending, and that Shakespeare shit, and that fake ending. FFS

Reactions: VoR
It felt like a rip off Michael Moore documentary with poorly acted reconstructions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom