Waking The Wednesday

IMG_20220629_072719.jpg

I finally tested positive :(

What are the rules now? Can I go out? Not that I feel like it at the moment.

I saw this sign when we were in Wells at the weekend. Is covid spread by toilets šŸ¤”
IMG_20220629_101035.jpg

If you leave the seat up when you flush everything there's an aerosol effect which can shoot any bacteria in the pan into the air. That's why you should never keep toothbrushes near the toilet.
Ah yeah fair point. I do always put the lid down anyway. But I assumed covid was through saliva rather than wee šŸ¤”

Ah yeah fair point. I do always put the lid down anyway. But I assumed covid was through saliva rather than wee šŸ¤”

It might be present in other bodily fluids, I've never looked into it, or it might just be a psychological thing that if they make you think about Covid germs when you flush the toilet some dirty mingers might be more inclined to wash their hands afterwards when they usually don't. Who knows? :D

I can't understand why anyone wouldn't wash their hands, especially in a public toilet :zombie:

I caught norovirus from a public toilet. And I washed my hands!

Why can I hear an AIR RAID SIREN??! :wownic:

Itā€™s been nice knowing u all xox

I always wash my hands, have done since I worked in a bug room (micro lab) where I tested a well-known pop brand for bacteria, yeast and mould. I'm always shocked by how many women in public toilets, which I don't use unless absolutely necessary, just come out of the cubicle and exit straight away. When I was in hospital I often had to use the main public toilet in reception when I'd dragged my IV out for a fag and it was horrifying how many of them didn't wash their hands and this was a hospital! Same for the handsquirt on the way in, I always stopped to use it but I was in a very small minority.

I can't understand why anyone wouldn't wash their hands, especially in a public toilet :zombie:

I caught norovirus from a public toilet. And I washed my hands!
I'd be amazed if much more than a third of men washed their hands in public/bar toilets.

School holidays start here tomorrow, for what may well be my sons last Summer holidays as a school boy. Where do the years GO?

Also, I bought a platter of sandwiches for the workers today from the bakers, and have offered tea TWICE. Iā€™m not ALL BAD.

School holidays start here tomorrow, for what may well be my sons last Summer holidays as a school boy. Where do the years GO?
Summer holidays? That's very soon. When do they go back?

Summer holidays? That's very soon. When do they go back?

Yes thatā€™s the Summer holidays starting tomorrow. Scottish schools go off about a month before English schools. Itā€™s only around 6 weeks they get this year I think.

Yes thatā€™s the Summer holidays starting tomorrow. Scottish schools go off about a month before English schools. Itā€™s only around 6 weeks they get this year I think.
Ah ok, so they must go back mid August then? I wonder if we will start getting Scottish tourists.

Ah ok, so they must go back mid August then? I wonder if we will start getting Scottish tourists.

Just checked. Itā€™s the 17th August that my son goes back to school. A friend of mine is a teacher through in the Stirling area and finished up last week. I do hope so darling. It is getting in to your busy time now, no?

Just checked. Itā€™s the 17th August that my son goes back to school. A friend of mine is a teacher through in the Stirling area and finished up last week. I do hope so darling. It is getting in to your busy time now, no?
I assumed they all broke up around the same time, I didn't realise there was such a difference.
We are getting busier now yes, thank god. It's been a quiet few months.

The Roly's in Exeter was closed by the time I went there on Monday evening. I had no choice but to buy Mr L's fudge from one of your competitors, @Rachey :(

The Roly's in Exeter was closed by the time I went there on Monday evening. I had no choice but to buy Mr L's fudge from one of your competitors, @Rachey :(
:o where did you buy from? Don't tell me Fudge Kitchen!!

I got four chunks and an ice cream in the Torquay Roly's for around Ā£8. But that was all for me :)

Their shops (or at least the Teignmouth one, I've not visited any others) are really quite naff, though. Roly's definitely look more modern and appealing. And I don't think it's just that one store, because it's also true of the branding and packaging.

Roly's packaging reminds me more of places like Lush - I'd happily give them as gifts. Edward's looks more like the kind of thing I'd give my aunties bath cubes in during the early 80s.

I got four chunks and an ice cream in the Torquay Roly's for around Ā£8. But that was all for me :)
Was it soft scoop or whippy? We're thinking of doing ice cream next year. What flavour fudge did you get?

Their shops (or at least the Teignmouth one, I've not visited any others) are really quite naff, though. Roly's definitely look more modern and appealing. And I don't think it's just that one store, because it's also true of the branding and packaging.

Roly's packaging reminds me more of places like Lush - I'd happily give them as gifts. Edward's looks more like the kind of thing I'd give my aunties bath cubes in during the early 80s.
I've not really heard of Edwards, I'm going to Google them more. I've heard of the Fudge kitchen and I don't really like their packaging. Roly's definitely looks nicer for gifts.

Was it soft scoop or whippy? We're thinking of doing ice cream next year. What flavour fudge did you get?
Whippy. I would normally go soft scoop, but I think they had Marshfield Farm ice cream which we get a lot of at home, so I didn't bother with it. And they had mint flavour whippy which I wanted to try.

Fudge was a mixture of sea salt and butterscotch.

I've not really heard of Edwards, I'm going to Google them more. I've heard of the Fudge kitchen and I don't really like their packaging. Roly's definitely looks nicer for gifts.
The link is above. They are Edward's Fudge Kitchen - perhaps they are related?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom