WandaVision

It really WAS all Wanda, then? Interesting that they're finally confirming that her powers really are magical, and that it's chaos magic (as I understand it this is different to the sort of magic that Doctor Strange uses, which can be learned). Also that she had powers before Hydra did anything to her! Agatha knew what the Scarlet Witch was, her tone seemed to imply it's something very massive and dangerous - wondering if Agatha's trying to stop Wanda for the greater good, or she just wants her power.

Well that’s the real vision, she never stole his body. I like how they made her magical and moved away from science experiment. Can’t wait for them to retcon her father.

Didn't he say it was someone he's always wanted to work with? Surely not, but amazing if he actually WAS talking about himself :D

THE SCARLET WITCH :disco:

I’m really not prepared for this to be over. I did scream at withered goth Hydra Wanda looking the double of her haunted sisters :D

Reactions: COB
I’m presuming the BIG CAMEO REVEAL will be next episode like the Mandalorian?

I’m presuming the BIG CAMEO REVEAL will be next episode like the Mandalorian?

It is! I can't believe we won't hear anything about Wanda again for a whole year until the next Dr. Strange movie :(

I hope we get a big fat episode lasting at least 60 minutes :evil: so:

Wanda can defeat Agnes and rescue her boys
We need to know who the fuck Ralph is
Where is Dottie and why is she the only person in town Agnes sort of fears?
Monica using her powers properly, maybe to help Wanda defeat Agatha
Bring closure to this FIETRO guy.

That was a pretty satisfying ending! LOL at Westview apparently completely going back to normal EXCEPT that Agnes will be there acting like a sitcom neighbour :D The reveal of the true Scarlet Witch was obviously an amazing moment, and the costume was everything I wanted and more :disco: Presumably that post-credits scene tells us quite a bit about her motivations next time she's due to show up. White Vision getting his memories back makes me wonder whether we'll see him slowly develop into who he was before, or will he stay as a more robotic character without the mind stone?

They really do need to have an overhaul of the Universal Backlot, aka Hill Valley. It’s far too recognisable in so many things.

That was heartbreaking. Poor Wanda, she needs to bring back her gay & bisexual sons ASAP!

The costume was everything, I kinda love her headpiece was like Psylocke’s psychic butterfly :disco:

Scream that Monica is heading into SECRET INVASION :disco:

I’m already waiting for Agatha’s HI HUN! memes tomorrow and I’ll live for them ALL!

Well that was an emotional
That was heartbreaking. Poor Wanda, she needs to bring back her gay & bisexual sons ASAP!

The costume was everything, I kinda love her headpiece was like Psylocke’s psychic butterfly :disco:

Scream that Monica is heading into SECRET INVASION :disco:

I’m already waiting for Agatha’s HI HUN! memes tomorrow and I’ll live for them ALL!
oh glad not just me who got a bit emotional (doesn’t take much these days)
Had a lump in my throat the whole last bit.
This really was a brilliantly written series just proves how much you can achieve in a tv series than a film

Last edited:
I thought things got kinda PANTO towards the end there with Agatha. I enjoyed the last couple of episodes but it was all just a bit corny for me.

I've seen it now @COB if you want to reinstate the avi :side-eye:

It was alright. Didn’t think it was groundbreaking. I feel like I watch these shows/movies to see what will come next.

Reactions: dUb
Do I have to have seen any Marvel movies to watch it? Because I definitely haven't. :D
Not absolutely essential, but a bit of previous knowledge would definitely help...

If you don't mind being spoiled for what's come before (and what you clearly have little interest in :side-eye:), maybe give this a watch:

Some things probably won't make a lot of sense if you haven't seen the movies, but Disney+ do have a thing called Marvel Legends which are basically extended 'previously on' compilations about the main characters of their new shows, so you could give those a try (currently they have one for Wanda and one for Vision, I believe).

OK I watched this finally, the first few episodes were intriguing but I didn't get into bingeing until the Geraldine reveal, then I just shotgunned the whole lot yesterday, apart from the final episode today.
I wish I had been watching it as it came out though, because the antagonist had already been spoiled quite thoroughly by the internet (IN SONG FORM!).

It did sort of put me in mind of latter-day Buffy - the small town, a sort of Dark Willow storyline. So I loved that. And of course there was Anya!

Basically I am an MCU lover, and this was interesting (even if it sort of felt like the lead-in to more movies), I guess it's sort of a reboot origin story isn't it?

A few loose ends dangled that I felt were just sort of left. The non-event of Pietro was basically OMG IS THIS HAPPENING at the first reveal, to ... oh, so nothing? Even though it's Evan whatsit? I read on Wikipedia that it was "a nod" to his role in X-Men, but I thought that was a bit of a mislead (for no gain) in a show about a reality warper post-XMen acquisition...

Also what happened to the beekeeper man, he wasn't thrown out? Considering Wanda didn't want to hurt or kill anyone, it felt a bit odd that he was just vanished.

Love Monica and the hodgepodge of minor characters from other movies (thing from Thor, whatshisname from Ant Man)

Anyway good stuff

Last edited:
I decided to go against my plan to not invest in any of the Marvel TV series because it's a bit of a black hole, but after enjoying Shang Chi and Black Widow so much I decided to give this a go (and might do Hawkeye too just because Florence Pugh is such a QOL).

Anyway I'm three episodes deep and absolutely hooked. I know I'm late to the table but I have so many questions. Can anyone say whether this concept is based on any comics or is this a brand new idea drummed up by MCU? So creative and original. I went in knowing the gist of the classic sitcom style, but I didn't know that
each episode moved on to a different television era

It's so good and can't wait to see what is served up next. Plus all the clues and teases about what's really going on. So good.

Last edited:
Oh and so far my theory is that Wanda is being held up somewhere like a medical / research centre and she's in some sort of trance / hypersleep / coma because they need to control her powers or something. And all this is playing out in her head, but it's more significant than just dreaming.

I don't actually think I'm right but I think there's definitely some Truman Show shit going on....!

Oh and so far my theory is that Wanda is being held up somewhere like a medical / research centre and she's in some sort of trance / hypersleep / coma because they need to control her powers or something. And all this is playing out in her head, but it's more significant than just dreaming.

That's an inaccurate theory but I feel most people were thinking the same thing when they got to Episode 3; start the next one and it clears everything up.

Yeah I’m on 4 and it just took a hard left :D I’m liking how they linked things up. I couldn’t figure out who the girl was first but I’ve seen Captain Marvel and I worked it out. Also loved seeing the undoing of the Thanos click from another perspective.

Someone will need to fill in the Easter eggs for me though, I don’t think I pick up on those. Spoiler friendly though I’m only halfway through ep4

Also something tells me Kathryn Haan is going to have a bigger role, but I read somewhere by accident that she might have a spin off so I guess I’m right on that one. She seems small part so far but you can tell there’s more to it and, well, it’s Kathryn Haan, she wasn’t going to play a bit part…

Not a spoler per se (perhaps) but yeah, Kathryn starts being a more prominent character after Episode 7 if I recall correctly.

Well I finished it and I loved it, so glad I gave it a chance. I wish for Olsen's sake the best TV drama actress category wasn't so stacked at the moment because she fucking deserves that Emmy/Golden Globe.

It dipped a bit when the sitcoms took a back seat not because the real life stuff was bad but just the creativity and originality of the sitcoms was so good. But I did enjoy watching it all unravel. I'm also glad that I was able to understand most of the wider MCU stuff as well.

Question though, the guy playing her brother, was that actually meant to be the X-Men character? Or have they just cast the same actor to play 2 different parts? I'm not over familiar with all the names and they might have reference it and I missed it...

Plus 3% off at all Disney Parks Worldwide!

(When you book 6 weeks for 25 people or more)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom