WandaVision

Phoenix

I’m the hostess of the dinner
Pronouns
He/Him

This looks interesting, I’ve always enjoyed Elizabeth Olson as Wanda even if her powers are extremely inconsistent and this looks like they’re giving her reality altering powers back but whatever.

I love how bizarre this looks, it's past time for them to experiment with formats etc so I'm pretty excited to see what it's all about.

Well that looks weird - I love it!

This and Mandalorian 2 should mean the Disney+ subscription is worth keeping until Christmas at least.

omg is Agatha going to be in this??

it pisses me off how underused Wanda was during the first 3 phases of the MCU even though she was powerful as shit, even on par with Captain Marvel (She almost had Thanos if only for a brief second and without any help from the others) besides I found it weird how she was never called The Scarlet Witch, hopefully, they shed some light in this.

giphy.gif

can someone explain it for me because as a layman I am getting nothing from the trailer. what powers do these entities hold? what is the story?

We're still not entirely sure, but it basically seems to be about Wanda using her powers (which are extremely vast in the comics but have never been fully defined in the films) to create a world where she can be with her android boyfriend Vision, who died in the most recent Avengers films. For some reason it seems to be based on old American sitcoms - they're purposely not giving out many details, but I'm quite intrigued!

I've seen the Avengers movies but don't remember him at all :confused:

maybe this show is for fanz only?

I do want to see this as it looks so original, but my brain has always turned off whenever Vision is on screen. Age of Ultron is the only MCU film I have no desire to ever see again.

This has great reviews, I think I got 6 months free Disney+ from O2 but not sure if I ever activated it so gonnna check this out.

I've seen the Avengers movies but don't remember him at all :confused:

maybe this show is for fanz only?

well to be fair, he only had voice credits in every Iron Man movie and a couple of Avengers before he "became" Vision, and once that happened he appeared in 3 Avengers' movies. He didn't appear in End Game at all though so I think non-fans may not be too familiar with him?

This was cute, Elizabeth Olsen is very good.

how come? :shock:

I've seen both episodes now, they're cute but they don't give much away :(
I think there was just too much going on from so many different directions. Too much of a crossover between the supernatural mixed in with the SciFi and it just lost the entertainment value as a whole. I remember almost nothing from that film compared to the others.

Age of Ultron is definitely the messiest, I haven’t rewatched it but it was in the period where they were still figuring out where the pieces go and so a lot got shot and cut.

Watching this now, screamed when DOTTIE showed up played by Anya from Buffy :disco:

Reactions: dUb
This really is quite intriguing, I was surprised just HOW straight they played the sitcom aspect in these first two episodes - it was better for it I think, they're clearly going to tease out the mystery a bit.

I'm currently expecting it to sort of be a series-long version of this:

This was incredible. I have a few thoughts about where it’s going but at the same time I’m so bloody clueless.

So glad Elizabeth Olsen is getting her time to shine.

YAS to Monica Rambeau and YAS that it looks like we’re getting Billy & Tommy next week :disco:

Last edited:
All the imagery, all the Easter Eggs, all that dialogue. It was too much for me to handle :shock:

Watching this now, screamed when DOTTIE showed up played by Anya from Buffy :disco:
YES took a little while to figure out who she was. AMAZING.

Really enjoying this and intrigued as to where this is going. I’m maybe thinking she created this world herself as she can’t face reality ?

I don't really know what to think of this right now. Was the sitcom stuff supposed to be funny? Like, I'm absolutely intrigued as to where this is going and the few moments where the cracks started to appear were good but the rest of it? Maybe afterwards it will make more sense. Right now I feel like this would benefit from binge watching.

Enjoyed the third episode a lot more. But this is a show for binging not trying to support a streaming service by releasing one episode a week.

I feel more sure now in saying that Wanda is aware (on some level) what's going on, and she's actually imprisoning people in the town. I'm really curious how things will end up with Vision - he's been getting his own scenes without Wanda around which implies he is REAL in some sense, but he also surely can't still be alive? I'm half expecting that whenever the mystery is revealed his remains will be hooked up to something keeping him alive, or uploaded to a computer or something.

The sitcom/laugh track thing is really getting old for me now - and I love sitcom schtick. I was pleased to see the screen widening at the end of ep 3 and while I'm curious as to what the 80s and 90s versions would be like, more of the actual plot now please!

We're probably only getting one more episode of the laugh track, I forget what the Eighties episode is based on but the two after that are apparently based on
Malcolm in the Middle and Modern Family.

Oh ok! So the sitcom framing isn't going anywhere... how many episodes in total do we know?

Apparently there are nine episodes, so there should be at least three that aren't direct sitcom homages... I'm expecting the next few to have more of a mix of the sitcom and real worlds too, there's only so much that can be teased before they have to start progressing the story.

We're probably only getting one more episode of the laugh track, I forget what the Eighties episode is based on but the two after that are apparently based on
Malcolm in the Middle and Modern Family.
The 80s one looks like it’s

Married With Children

Reactions: COB
I've been surprised at how many references to Hydra we've had... I'm wondering if it's just because they're important to Wanda's past, or could they be involved? Maybe they somehow have Wanda under sedation and are influencing her to create this reality in order to get to her magic babies :o The incursions from SWORD members like Geraldine could be an attempt to wake her up and save her, maybe?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom