Wannabe will turn 25 this year

Pipo

COQUETTE :ribbon:
And apparently, they're releasing a Limited Edition Vinyl according to THIS French website but I can't seem to find more info on some other place.

I mean, ugly artwork, one shoddy demo and a 25 year old unreleased b-side sounds very on-brand for them. I bet they'll release WOMAN alongside a Holler cassette in 2025.

Le tube des Spice Girls «Wannabe» sortira en maxi picture vinyle de 4 titres le 23 juillet prochain et en digital le 9 juillet !
Afin de célébrer le 25ème anniversaire du premier single des Spice Girls Wannabe, voici un magnifique maxi picture vinyle 4 titres. En plus du single original, on y trouve également le très demandé remix de Junior Vasquez, la demo et le titre inédit Feed Your Love.

Wannabe a été n ° 1 dans 35 pays avec plus de 7 millions d’exemplaires vendus. En 2020, Wannabe était l’une des chansons des années 90 les plus écoutée sur Spotify.

Maxi et cassette single

Side A

'Wannabe' (Original Radio Edit) (02:53)

'Wannabe' (Junior Vasquez Remix Edit) (05:57)

Side B

'Wannabe' (Demo: Previously Unreleased) (02:58)

'Feed Your Love' (Previously Unreleased Song) (04:36)

Last edited:
One shoddy demo and a 25 year old unreleased b-side?!

43lt.gif

Take my money queens

It came out the summer I finished school, which was a long hot lazy summer. Although it's aged like milk or 2004 Moopy I still have very fond memories.

Have never really warmed to Wannabe. Its one of those songs that had to be their first single and is now nostalgic and almost novelty but there was so much better to come :disco:

FEED ME queens.

Yeah, I'd have liked C U Next Tuesday in there too, but this is good news as far as I'm concerned.

I still love it! And you can dance to the SLAM YOUR BODY DOWN AND WIND IT ALL AROUND BIT. But who needs to dance anyway when you're busy SHRIEKING along with all the words.

I much prefer Wannabe to Say You’ll Be There. OH THE MEMORIES.

1. Viva Forever
2. Wannabe
3. 2 Become 1
4. Spice Up Your Life
5. Who Do You Think You Are
6. Goodbye
7. Say You’ll Be There
8. Holler
9. Stop
10. Too Much

Never cared for their music too much but I enjoyed the ride when they were on top. They were fun. Remember that disco song from the 2nd album, was it Never Give Up, the best song they did. It was one of the few tracks that didn’t feel like novelty pop. 2 Become 1 and Say You’ll Be There were also good songs. Oh and Too Much actually.

okay maybe they weren’t bad.

I like Wannabe, but it’s pretty much the only Spice Girls song I ever hear in public and some variety would be nice

1. Viva Forever
2. Wannabe
3. 2 Become 1
4. Spice Up Your Life
5. Who Do You Think You Are
6. Goodbye
7. Say You’ll Be There
8. Holler
9. Stop
10. Too Much

Let Luv Lead the way AGOG

Well, apart from another Geru single coming in the bottom five and another three Menly singles clogging up the midtable :basil:

So the snippet of Feed Your Love on YouTube is disappointingly on the b-side side. Oh well.

The Motiv8 slams are an infinity point. The single edit was the very fabric of the 90s (but enough about Geru's table cloth collection).

Coincidentally it's also 25 years since Take That split up - which coincidentally is the same age Gary Barlow was at the time!!

So the snippet of Feed Your Love on YouTube is disappointingly on the b-side side. Oh well.

The Motiv8 slams are an infinity point. The single edit was the very fabric of the 90s (but enough about Geru's table cloth collection).

Not releasing the Motiv8 Remix on this side of the ocean back in 1996 was just too much homophobia for me to handle. I can't believe I spent about $16 USD on the UK cd single :oi: Of course it was worth every penny.

Not releasing the Motiv8 Remix on this side of the ocean back in 1996 was just too much homophobia for me to handle. I can't believe I spent about $16 USD on the UK cd single :oi: Of course it was worth every penny.

Nevermind gifs, we need the Wannabe laugh trample sound effect for posts like these :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom