watchmen

ameraal

la loi de murphy
i could've sworn there was a thread on this new tv show based on the classic graphic novel of the same name?

anyway, i thought the trailer was rubbish and delaying giving it a go but it's been a bit of a revelation. totally not what i expected but quite gripping. still not sold on regina king but three episodes in jean smart (it actually made me think of fargo before that) makes her appearance and the pieces of the puzzle start making more sense and i'm now quite enjoying this.

There is (an indirect) thread; your own tv shows of 2019.

Like I said there, I have no idea what I’m watching (although it getting clearer by each episode) but I’m watching. Regina King is a bit hard to like.

Regina King hasn't been as instant as I thought she was in The Leftovers, the latest episode has remedied that though

but when do we get to meet Dr Manhattan :evil:

Regina is/was/will alway be amazing, her “ooooh” to Jean Smart is iconic. I really don’t understand you euro queens sometimes.

Last night’s episode was amazing and I can’t believe there’s only 3 episodes left.

I geeked out when they showed the Minutemen all blurred out (the full image was released later). I guess we’ll at least get something similar from the second wave if Dr. Manhattan doesn’t show up directly in the story. Also Nite Owl is still alive in prison.

i proper like regina (ever since the leftovers i think) but something about her is a bit off here.
anyway, i'm all caught up now and i am loving it.

Now that’s a reveal I didn’t see coming. What a show.

Fucking hell, which of all the reveals in one single episode? I now want to watch the rest of all seasons at one go.

Well there’s only two episodes left. Supposedly it’s just a one season.

Oh I didn’t know that! I guess that would explain the fast pace.

So why is it not called a mini series? Or what exactly is the difference between a mini series and a one season show?

amazing

now we just need to know what the point of Ozymandias is

I think it be might a black freighter situation

I don't think I know what that means but it all added up in the end

In the comic there’s a kid reading a comic about a sailor who’s been attacked by pirates and sailing home (on a raft made of the dead bodies so he’s pretty insane). He ends up murdering his village and swimming to the Black Freighter to become a pirate (it’s a comic within the comic since they don’t have super hero comics in that world).

You can interpret it to reflect on many characters including Veidt who says he’s been dreaming of swimming towards something.

the finale tied everything well but i thought it was a bit limp. it just didn't grip me, the wasn't a proper climax and i felt like some of it didn't quite make sense.

qualms in a minor though. it's still excellent and one of the best new tv shows obviously.

Binged this over the past couple of days and thoroughly enjoyed it. Ok, it's not perfect and I'm not sure I understood every single thing, but it was thrilling, smart TV.

I wasn’t sure where to put this, but Regina King’s only son died by suicide this weekend. Absolutely heartbreaking. :(

So handsome as well. She's magnificent - I really do feel for her and also for her son in terms of what he was going through.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom