Wentworth (Final season)

straightorbroken

rebel heart
10408553.jpg

I'm loving the new governor. At first I thought she must have been standing on a crate to make her look like a giant, but she eventually got some long shots and actually is a real life monster. Having recently re-created Madge's Die Another Day video, she absolutely nails the sinister and sadistic aura I remember the original show for, back when I'd stay up to watch it during the Summer holidays and be terrified of that Alf from Home & Away.

Blow job queen Bloomer has made this season for me too. When they killed that woman off last season I really didn't think it had anyone else to draw from in terms of competing with its legacy of insolently insinuating viciousness, but I'd say this season so far has got even better. And without becoming truly grotesque, it's quite shocking at times (but then I'd clutch my pearls over anything).

Last edited:
I have to say I'm still loving this. This Joan Ferguson is much more cunning and devious than I remember olden days Joan being. This episode (pink dragon) left me wondering whether Vera herself will finish her mother off or will Joan do it for her?

Oh yes, the WHISPER. I wonder if we'll find out what was said.

I rewound it twice and turned the volume up but couldn't catch it. I even considered switching subtitles on and rewinding again but that's too sad even for me. :D

At some point I reckon Joan is going to accidentally on purpose let slip to Frankie that it was Lizzy who grassed Boomer up.

Yep, I'm loving it too. Really is superb- especially in terms of the acting. And I love the way how everything gradually is becoming like the old series rather than just hammering it all home.

Joan is FANTASTIC but the only thing about that that does upset me is that she has sucked all hope and light out of the show. I know it's gritty but you know that NOTHING will get past her now and I don't like having a character in the show that is entirely bulletproof, as she currently seems. Having said that, she is a marvellous new presence on the whole and can't wait for her and Bea to (surely) become big rivals.

I was thinking that Vera is likely to end up in the prison at some point for killing her mother (even if it's Joan who does it)

I think it was even better than the first series- that penultimate episode where Bea escapes was absolutely superb- from the plotting to the script to the cast, absolutely amazing...

Anyone watching the new series. it just gets better and better!

Just about to watch tonight's episode. I agree - the governer is deliciously horrific. "You're worthless" still has me nervously chuckling to myself. It was just so camp and ghastly.

Anyone watching the new series. it just gets better and better!

I've just caught up and so can finally comment on this. I think it's still MASSIVELY entertaining, but it has lost its way a bit- the Frankie/Psychologist storyline has totally sidelined the former and is just a repeat of the Erica/Frankie storyline from the first series, this ridiculous subplot of Bea's Avengers is just STUPID and I can't believe how splintered the rest of the women are- the storylines are disparate and soapy rather than the DRAMA of previous series.

Having said that, the acting remains top notch, Joan is just SUPERB from start to finish and I love the dynamic with Vera and it's still the best thing on tv. My gripes are minor ones...

The governor's pencil throwing was very League of Gentlemen, what a vision of ghastly camp. Currently onto the final part of episode 10.

I soooo want Frankie to get out...yet obviously we can't lose such a good character.

I wasn't that excited when this restarted but fuck me its good again. Best Aussie drama since that drug one I can't remember the name of, probably because of drugs.

So this is back and Joan is throwing herself to the wolves. They could easily be jumping shark here, but so far so creepily good as ever.

No, so shush!

I might actually download the rest via torrents to get my fix of creeps and camp all in one go.

Oh my god at those neo-Nazi homoerotic drug lords threatening bent cop Jake in the car - a male version of this show full of that sort would be unmissable.

:Oi:Some absolute NOB revealed the ending on the UK FB page a few weeks back and it's totally ruined it for me.

I can't wait. I'm thinking about having a semen-syringe butty tonight just to get in the spirit of things.

So did anybody see the finale? :( :(

Fucking hell please let that not be the end for her. :o
I want more Frankie to save the day (or not) :disco:

Last edited:
Fucking hell please let that not be the end for her. :o
I want more Frankie to avec the day (or not) :disco:

I've read that she's definitely not coming back and it's pretty unrealistic to survive something like that, but then again it'd be pretty unrealistic for Joan to remain at Wentworth and for Vera to remain governor after that incident. Doreen needs to go now. And yes, more Frankie, although it seemed that the actress only wanted a limited involvement last season, but ending with her having that gun must lead onto something, hopefully.

Just finished this now and WOW.

Frankie it seems is leaving this next season as well I read- I'm not sure how they will cope with the departure of both her and Bea at the same time, but I guess it ushers in a new era. Absolutely LIVING for Vera this season and I really have grown to love the SHRINK as well. I can't stand Kaz Proctor (but that's kind of the point I guess) so I would hate it if they shift the focus of the show to her. Would much rather a new Top Dog, but I guess every season so far has still kept me entirely hooked despite my concerns about how it could continue, so I'm sure the next one will too...

And yes, time for Doreen to leave too- loved her originally but all she's done the past season is wander around with a face like a slapped arse moaning about BORING OLD NASH.

Hopefully Sonia Stevens is going to get even more FABULOUS as times go on....

I've binge-watched the first two seasons in the past few weeks and by god this is my favourite new show in EVER. The performances are brilliant and I love how hard-hitting it can be. Jacs' demise was brilliant, Ferguson coming in as new Governor, Vera's character having a mid-season shift that had been brewing for some time, the way Ferguson is connected to Will and has orchestrated pretty much everybody's downfall... Bea Smith is my new QUEEN. If she hadn't shot Brayden I'd have trashed my house.

I forgot Liz Birdsworth... what a solid 10/10 that woman is, I just love to hate her haircut too.

Did anyone ever watch to the end of season five? Fucking hell... what a rollercoaster of a season and what a pay off.

The first 2 series were great, but then they turned it into the Joan Ferguson show and it became ridiculous and totally far-fetched. If she comes back after this season then I can't see it running for much longer!

Oh she'd be there for a barely warmed over Hi-NRG version of On The Inside.

I was glad they finally got rid of sour old Doreen. Boomer is obviously the star of the show.

Season six has just started... with Dame Sigrid Thornton (Ros Coulson in the original Pris) as glamorous serial killer Sonia Stevens, and new "re-imagined" inmates Rita Connors and Marie Winter.
Joan Ferguson is currently missing presumed dead, and season seven has been confirmed. Wonder if they'll reboot Chrissie Latham, Reb Kean, Ann Reynolds, Myra Desmond etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom