Wentworth (Final season)

The final, 9th season has started. I'm here for Ferguson and her It's All Coming Back To Me blockbuster season. Otherwise I'm disappointed no grand entrance of a new inmate to wreak havoc.
I have HUGE hopes for the OG Sonia Stevens - Tina Bursill who is due to make an appearance as another great character Eve Wilder, both from PCBH iconique roles. Obviously I don’t know whether they will just be using the name or borrowing characteristics but I’m here for it.

Sonia is probably in my top 3 PCBH characters.

I have HUGE hopes for the OG Sonia Stevens - Tina Bursill who is due to make an appearance as another great character Eve Wilder, both from PCBH iconique roles. Obviously I don’t know whether they will just be using the name or borrowing characteristics but I’m here for it.

Sonia is probably in my top 3 PCBH characters.

That rings a bell, but I don't remember much of the original other than staying up late during the summer holidays and being scared of Alf from Home & Away.

@that_one can I have your box set please?

That rings a bell, but I don't remember much of the original other than staying up late during the summer holidays and being scared of Alf from Home & Away.

@that_one can I have your box set please?
Alf had three roles in PCBH. The middle role Kurt Renner had a direct link with Sonia. All three of his roles were nasty people, but I think his last character of Ernest Craven is probably his most remembered.

Oooh, Ferguson clearly trying to convince the nanny that the former bisexual dilf is into her so that she'll go psycho at him later. It's tame, but it's brewing.

Sweet fucking jesus. Heating up this week. Oh the innocence of plotting a bomb compared to what happened next. If this were True Blood the end credits song would be Gauge Away by The Pixies.

Or maybe The Mercy Seat. "An eye for an eye..." What a bad seed that Ferguson is indeed.

I smell a playlist.

How many more ARE there? Wasn't the last season split into two, and this is the second half?

She deserves all the Logie awards in the world (although I think they're an Australian exclusive) for her silent reaction to Vinegar Tits alone.

Aww knew Winter’s time was up as they made us like her again :(

Bizarrely, I didn't shed a tear to Mr "I still would" Jackson's reaction, but instead bawled like a baby when Rita said "She made good" and the others nodded in agreement. I can't think of a better epitaph for that character (one of my favourites).

Joan Ferguson really has been TWO of the most iconic TV characters ever. What women :disco:

There were some edge-of-the-seat moments in the final episode and whilst I'm glad that certain characters got their comeuppance and that the characters I wanted to survive did; it also felt a little bit flat as a send off - although that's just my take on it and I DID shed tears during the final scene. Anyway, it has been a consistently brilliant show over the course of 8/9 seasons, filled with amazing acting performances and rivetingly addictive (and sometimes ludicrous) storylines. Gutted it's finished, but grateful to have been along for the ride.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom