westworld season 3

RaspberrySwirl

Leftover
I really botched this episode by watching the first half of it about five minutes a time. It was a struggle, but the second half was intense.

Also Aaron Paul is giving me major @big ron realness :horny:

David 5000

I'll dance alone
I'm enjoying it but I can't say I'm that invested in where the story ends up going. It's beautiful but the plot is so contrived I don't really care any more.

RaspberrySwirl

Leftover
Pretty much sums up this show for me; visually very appealing, with some exciting plot lines but rarely feel the need to watch another episode.

ameraal

la loi de murphy
yes.

it's my favourite thing on tv right now (along with from the good fight).

Phoenix

I am not a liar ;)
The finale felt blah, I liked new Dolores but there’s just too many plot holes and the real world never felt fully realized for me.

It feels like setup for next season mostly which I’m ok with but I miss the piano soundtrack and the time jumps. It feels too basic without that.

Still this was Dolores’ best episode and same for Tessa Thompson who’s never been my favorite.

David 5000

I'll dance alone
Yes it had very much a "was that it?" feel to it. I think the series is only ticking over because of the twinkle in Thandie Newton's eye, without her there's nothing much to get excited about at all.

ameraal

la loi de murphy
i enjoyed the finale but i'm not looning - the series has felt a bit sloppy in places and some of the editing was crap which has taken away from everything else.

i've hated how stupid they made maeve for most of the season, bernard and stubbs were a bore and i hated charlotte/tessa thompson - it was all about dolores for me and to some extent ed o'harris who is a great actor.

David 5000

I'll dance alone
i enjoyed the finale but i'm not looning - the series has felt a bit sloppy in places and some of the editing was crap which has taken away from everything else.

i've hated how stupid they made maeve for most of the season, bernard and stubbs were a bore and i hated charlotte/tessa thompson - it was all about dolores for me and to some extent ed o'harris who is a great actor.
Oh yes, what was the point of Bernard and Stubbs? Clearly they'd decided on this new setting and story arc and I guess they thought it wouldn't feel 'Westworld' enough if we didn't bring back as many old characters as we could, even if they don't add anything.

And speaking of pointless old characters, what happened to the rest of Maeve's friends like Clem that appeared towards the end?

David 5000

I'll dance alone
And yes the only interesting bits around Charlotte were the fact most of her scenes were in that Valencia science park which is my favourite architecture in the world.

RaspberrySwirl

Leftover
All I can say is that, while watching, I kept looking at the time wondering when it will end.

ameraal

la loi de murphy
this is a good explainer which actually makes you appreciate the finale a whole lot more. and it ultimately shows that the show very often doesn't do a good job of that.

silly little things irked me personally. i'd add to david5k's list william escaping the shoot out, caleb getting on the something-copter and the klunky sequence leading up to that, the useless fifth copy of dolores, stubbs being the absolute worst... ugh.

it's frustrating cause i love everything else so much and the setup for next season is so exciting.

and yet, we'll probably have to wait 2 more years for 8 imperfect episodes.

Mats

User
am I the only one who wasn't underwhelmed? I thought it was a gripping finale, although not exactly mindblowing. I loved when the lights went out during Maeve's sashimi-ing of Serac's possé :disco:

I am very tired of Maeve's constant wittiness however... I hope that particular feature in her setup is broken next season

Mats

User
the show is totally going to do a Carnivale, isn't it?

PercyPig

The Last of Us
I found Aaron Paul so miscast in this - when he said something about him being chosen because he’s a furious killing machine I nearly choked on my fake Lidl magnum. No matter how many times we see his flashbacks (real or not) I never felt he was the person he was supposed to be in this.

just seemed a bit wet to me, crying a lot and being dead hammy shouting at red glowing spheres.

ameraal

la loi de murphy
I found Aaron Paul so miscast in this - when he said something about him being chosen because he’s a furious killing machine I nearly choked on my fake Lidl magnum. No matter how many times we see his flashbacks (real or not) I never felt he was the person he was supposed to be in this.

just seemed a bit wet to me, crying a lot and being dead hammy shouting at red glowing spheres.

i'm not a big fan of paul either and would've much prefered somebody else (yahya abdul-mateen? yes, please) but i thought he was decent.

Alex

I’m a mess but I still look classy
I am very tired of Maeve's constant wittiness however... I hope that particular feature in her setup is broken next season
God no! She’s the best thing about this show, less dull Dolores please

big ron

Actually invented rap
I really botched this episode by watching the first half of it about five minutes a time. It was a struggle, but the second half was intense.

Also Aaron Paul is giving me major @big ron realness :horny:

I just came in here to talk about the show as we've only just got round to watching it, but last night Ms Ron said I had an Aaron Paul vibe. I'm OK with that.

big ron

Actually invented rap
I enjoyed this, we have the final episode to watch yet, but I think its way better than the second series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom