westworld season 3

I really botched this episode by watching the first half of it about five minutes a time. It was a struggle, but the second half was intense.

Also Aaron Paul is giving me major @big ron realness :horny:

I'm enjoying it but I can't say I'm that invested in where the story ends up going. It's beautiful but the plot is so contrived I don't really care any more.

Pretty much sums up this show for me; visually very appealing, with some exciting plot lines but rarely feel the need to watch another episode.

yes.

it's my favourite thing on tv right now (along with from the good fight).

The finale felt blah, I liked new Dolores but there’s just too many plot holes and the real world never felt fully realized for me.

It feels like setup for next season mostly which I’m ok with but I miss the piano soundtrack and the time jumps. It feels too basic without that.

Still this was Dolores’ best episode and same for Tessa Thompson who’s never been my favorite.

Yes it had very much a "was that it?" feel to it. I think the series is only ticking over because of the twinkle in Thandie Newton's eye, without her there's nothing much to get excited about at all.

i enjoyed the finale but i'm not looning - the series has felt a bit sloppy in places and some of the editing was crap which has taken away from everything else.

i've hated how stupid they made maeve for most of the season, bernard and stubbs were a bore and i hated charlotte/tessa thompson - it was all about dolores for me and to some extent ed o'harris who is a great actor.

i enjoyed the finale but i'm not looning - the series has felt a bit sloppy in places and some of the editing was crap which has taken away from everything else.

i've hated how stupid they made maeve for most of the season, bernard and stubbs were a bore and i hated charlotte/tessa thompson - it was all about dolores for me and to some extent ed o'harris who is a great actor.
Oh yes, what was the point of Bernard and Stubbs? Clearly they'd decided on this new setting and story arc and I guess they thought it wouldn't feel 'Westworld' enough if we didn't bring back as many old characters as we could, even if they don't add anything.

And speaking of pointless old characters, what happened to the rest of Maeve's friends like Clem that appeared towards the end?

And yes the only interesting bits around Charlotte were the fact most of her scenes were in that Valencia science park which is my favourite architecture in the world.

All I can say is that, while watching, I kept looking at the time wondering when it will end.

this is a good explainer which actually makes you appreciate the finale a whole lot more. and it ultimately shows that the show very often doesn't do a good job of that.

silly little things irked me personally. i'd add to david5k's list william escaping the shoot out, caleb getting on the something-copter and the klunky sequence leading up to that, the useless fifth copy of dolores, stubbs being the absolute worst... ugh.

it's frustrating cause i love everything else so much and the setup for next season is so exciting.

and yet, we'll probably have to wait 2 more years for 8 imperfect episodes.

am I the only one who wasn't underwhelmed? I thought it was a gripping finale, although not exactly mindblowing. I loved when the lights went out during Maeve's sashimi-ing of Serac's possé :disco:

I am very tired of Maeve's constant wittiness however... I hope that particular feature in her setup is broken next season

the show is totally going to do a Carnivale, isn't it?

I found Aaron Paul so miscast in this - when he said something about him being chosen because he’s a furious killing machine I nearly choked on my fake Lidl magnum. No matter how many times we see his flashbacks (real or not) I never felt he was the person he was supposed to be in this.

just seemed a bit wet to me, crying a lot and being dead hammy shouting at red glowing spheres.

I found Aaron Paul so miscast in this - when he said something about him being chosen because he’s a furious killing machine I nearly choked on my fake Lidl magnum. No matter how many times we see his flashbacks (real or not) I never felt he was the person he was supposed to be in this.

just seemed a bit wet to me, crying a lot and being dead hammy shouting at red glowing spheres.

i'm not a big fan of paul either and would've much prefered somebody else (yahya abdul-mateen? yes, please) but i thought he was decent.

I am very tired of Maeve's constant wittiness however... I hope that particular feature in her setup is broken next season
God no! She’s the best thing about this show, less dull Dolores please

I really botched this episode by watching the first half of it about five minutes a time. It was a struggle, but the second half was intense.

Also Aaron Paul is giving me major @big ron realness :horny:

I just came in here to talk about the show as we've only just got round to watching it, but last night Ms Ron said I had an Aaron Paul vibe. I'm OK with that.

I enjoyed this, we have the final episode to watch yet, but I think its way better than the second series.

I forgot that this was a thing…and Aaron Paul is still in it

Oh I wondered what happened to this. I did enjoy the last season, though obviously they’ve never been able to replicate season 1 quality wise. I have no recollection of what happened though, but this is worth the price of entry for Thandiwe alone.

Don’t want to watch the trailer because I don’t like spoilers but I can’t say I’m excited about a new season. Hopefully this is the last one.

Don’t want to watch the trailer because I don’t like spoilers but I can’t say I’m excited about a new season. Hopefully this is the last one.

I was going to say almost the exact same thing. I'm super excited for some reason but also hope it'll be the last

OMG IN ME NOW

here for this. Sky/Now have a crafty way of spreading their 2 or 3 good shows out 300 across the year so you can’t ever actually cancel the service.

It’s a yeah from me, although I thought the premier was rather dull. It won’t be able to reach the heights of seasons 1&2 just because the outside world is not that interesting.

Oh I will be. I fucking love this show even though I understand about 50% of it.

I’m enjoying the season so far, an improvement on Season 3 and I like how yeah there’s a bit of mystery but it’s not convoluted. No shocking twists just good build up.

They even managed to salvage Caleb.

Ooh good. Looking forward to starting this but I need to finish my other shows first. I can’t possibly manage anything else while trying to digest Westworld. I even need to prepare myself to watch the S3 finale again to remind myself of everything.

Is any of it set in the park again? Or are we still in the ‘real world’?

I’m enjoying the season so far, an improvement on Season 3 and I like how yeah there’s a bit of mystery but it’s not convoluted. No shocking twists just good build up.

They even managed to salvage Caleb.

I have been meaning to post here and say the same. Really enjoying this season, especially the Maebe heavy episodes have been great.

I agree about Caleb and I really love Aaron Paul in general.

this season is so bad, the show is a shadow of itself. no mystery just A punches B punches C, Hale's derangement is so cartoonish, Bernard's constant cringey hints, Maeve's tired quips... budget must've taken quite a slashing too, the cgi is awful in places

yes I will probably finish it

How dare they not show Maeve in the final? This is really offensive! I was at least hoping she’d show up in the brothel in the final scene with Dolores back in Westworld. :(

And what was the point of Caleb’s daughter? What a cunt. I wished Clementine would have killed her instead of poor Stubbs.

Hale dying to Pyramid Song was quite something. :disco: This show is unmatched when it comes to soundtrack.

Last edited:
Enjoying this so far (ignoring @RaspberrySwirl because I'm only on ep2)

LOVE that
they returned to the park FINALLY.
and even better
it's set in the roaring 20s, my favourite era to watch on TV :disco:

I don't understand the point of Aaron Paul's character still, and despite watching a couple of recaps, I don't understand what half of the characters are now doing, but it's still beautifully made and endlessly interesting

I can't actually remember which characters now have Dolores memory. William? Clementine? Charlotte? Bernard? It's not very clear...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom