What’s your favourite B*Witched number one?

Tell me your favourite B*Witched Numba One

• Total voters
Big Reunion!

I have such a strong memory of some one-off Channel 4 countdown that aired around 2000 called Top Ten Pop Princesses with Cerys Matthews and Betty Boo, which introduced me to the wider works of Kim Wilde and Sheena Easton among other slightly before my time pop icons. It's nice to think that The Big Reunion served the same purpose for the next generation of gays.

Surely enough time has passed by now for another series of The Big Réunion. I'm pretty sure they could get most of JLS, three fifths of The Saturdays, and AT LEAST one lineup's worth of Sugababes to take part.

This thread continues to thrive :disco:

sad for the 15 of you who voted against the weathermen of this country

JESUS CHRIST @ that Rollercoaster video :D I hadn't seen that version ever before! No wonder they hastily re-shot it for a US release with a more low-budget, relatable video.

that’s such a worse video! So fast compared for the song, the scenes with the umbrella background are so zoomed in and rapid that I can’t take anything in :D

if this was the first video I’d seen of theirs, after it I’d:
1) still not know their faces
2) have a headache

I never got the appeal of #1s 3 and 4, but after Jessie they dropped off entirely with songs that had the personality of their initial impact. I was surprised at how good a newer song was though - the one they filmed a music video for on a roof top. Did album number 3 ever leak?

I've been on a proper B*witched loop since this. I think I've watched every interview with them on YouTube.

I didn't realise poor Keavy had a nervous breakdown of that Edele was rather a LOT. So much tension between them all the whole time!

C’est la vie has been on a loop ever since this thread was started! :disco:

the head to toe denim wasn't exactly FABULOUS nor ASPIRATIONAL

But that was the better than the Jesse Hold On phase with the absurd idea of buckets of fake tan on pasty Irish chicks.

Thanks for the bump of this very important thread

some interesting changes since we last checked in

Reactions: VoR
Did you actually know them before this thread?
Yes! They were on The Big Reunion (a TV show where loads of old bands reunited if you didn’t know) back around 2013-4 and that’s how I found out about them.

Sometimes I listen to the four B*Witched #1s and it makes me so proud to be half Irish :disco:

It took the Sugababes four iterations to give us so many bops!

1. Blame It On The Weatherman
2. To You I Belong
3. C'est La Vie
4. Rollercoaster

I always thought Mary J Blige could have done an amazing version of BIOTW to be honest.

As far as album tracks go, We Four Girls and Rev It Up are better than they have any right to be.

I can't remember exactly what the debate mentioned in the first post was but my god how obstinate must I have been being to vote C'est La Vie in this? :D

For a group with an image so childish they made the Spice Girls look like Dead Can Dance, they really did have (three or four) amazing ballads

When I was eight I thought it was outrageous that Oh Mr. Postman wasn't a single

When I was eight I was thinking “hmmp why do I have to wait another 8 years for B*Witched to be invented?”

And then my dried out husk collapsed into dust in 2022

I remember these along with A*Teens were a nightmare to search on Limewire! :look:

The hundreds of viruses I got for downloading B-Witched-Cest_la_vie.mp3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom