What are you favorite Expressions/Idioms?

I knew some LADSLADSLADS who used to like saying that girls were "fit as a butcher's dog". Normally applied to chavs such as Katy Hill and Danielle Lloyd. I imagine @ButterTart will start using this now if he doesn't already.

I knew some LADSLADSLADS who used to like saying that girls were "fit as a butcher's dog". Normally applied to chavs such as Katy Hill and Danielle Lloyd. I imagine @ButterTart will start using this now if he doesn't already.
'fit as a butchers dog' has always meant 'healthy' around here, old people tend to use it to describe themselves - inevitably shortly before slightly stumbling off a kerb and shattering every bone in their legs.

'fit as fuck' is the one for women, or the slightly vile (but used by me nonetheless back in the day) 'I wouldn't mind hanging out of that.'

I guess fit is another word that has a different meaning in the us and uk

I have so many I pick up, nicked from one off random lines on TV or make up during a stoned conversation, that they've normally lost meaning by the time anyone asks what the fuck I'm talking about.

I think I was using U Ok hun of my volution before it became popular. That was about 2015ish.

I don’t use this myself, but I love the southern “bless your heart” used in a condescending way

A lot of northern British phrases seem to involve 'shit' or 'arse'. If you're nervous, you 'could shit through the eye of a needle'. If you're angry, you've 'got your arse in your hand' of you've 'seen your arse'.

I feel like a psychologist could have a field day.

'showing your arse' is v much one of my faves

Some other favorites:

"Tragic!"
"It's all fun and games until..."
"Gayer than a packet of Skittles"
"Yes ma'am"
"You can fuck RIGHT off"
"Don't shit where you eat"

and of course "I don't know her"

I use “I don’t know her” all the time and nobody ever gets it :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back