What are you gaming? 2019

I couldn't replay a game so quickly after completing it

Horizon is a very good game. the world is beautiful

I cracked open Tetris Effect in VR this weekend. It's such a TRIP.

I wasn't too sold on VR as a concept but the 1-2 Miziguchi combo of Rez Infinite and Tetris Effect forced my hand :disco:

I finally finished Hollow Knight today, and it's one of the best experiences I've had with a game in years. I highly recommend it to everyone - particularly people who enjoy 2D explorathons, difficult boss fights, and (most importantly) cute bugs :love: My total play time at the end was sixty hours, so you get a hell of a lot of value for money since it's usually priced at £15-£20 on the Switch eShop (and probably less on other platforms).

Finished Ni No Kuni 2 and started The Witcher 3.

I've got a few games like that I've dipped into (Hollow Knight, Dead Cells) but I just don't think I'm committed enough to see them through.

Don't even get me STARTED on Cuphead, which I'm thrilled made it to the Switch because it's a game I really wanted to play but FUCK ME the difficulty level is never anything less than OUTRAGEOUS.

I didn't even bother with Cuphead, gorgeous as it is, because it would definitely just enrage me with the difficulty :D

I finished Cuphead last year :altaf: it had some difficulty spikes, certain bosses in particular, but in terms of overall difficulty I think I suffered far more with Celeste's B-sides.

I am playing Astro Bot which is the Mario VR game we'll never have. It wipes the floor with Mario Odyssey. It's AMAZING :disco:

Astro Bot is the VR game that EVERYONE should try, even just once.

For me it was comparable to the first time I picked up a Wiimote.

I’m getting through my pile of shame at the moment.
I did God of War in January, RE2 in February, Far Cry 5 in March/April. I’m almost finished with Uncharted: Lost Legacy, and up next is Shadow of the Tomb Raider.

New games for me have been Box boy! + Box girl! (10+ hours so it's box fresh out of 10 for me), Horizon Chase Turbo (surprisingly easy to control and for now it fills the gap left by 90s Arcade Racer not seeming to be happening anymore), and I've finally ordered Gravity Rush 2. Otherwise, Splatoon 2 still has me hooked.

I’m getting through my pile of shame at the moment.
I did God of War in January, RE2 in February, Far Cry 5 in March/April. I’m almost finished with Uncharted: Lost Legacy, and up next is Shadow of the Tomb Raider.

You must let me know how Far Cry 5 goes.

Any recommendations for god RPGs coming up? Anyone have their eye on anything?

The Outer Worlds, possibly Cyberpunk

but it's a bit meagre all in all

Cyberpunk 2077 is going to be the most kickass thing ever.

Outer World DOES look good too, but it does seem a bit too cartoony to me

I'm not too KEEN on KEANU myself (he always seems slightly void of personality in interviews) but I'll admit it did feel like a moment. the game can't be anything but good. those manticore knife arms :disco:

I am also desperately waiting for Dying Light gameplay

Just to let you know that I’ve finally sickened of that Gin Rummy app, so do please recommend anything similarly uncomplicated which will while away the hours until death :)

reminds me that I need to add that re-release of Wonderboy to my wishlist

Just to let you know that I’ve finally sickened of that Gin Rummy app, so do please recommend anything similarly uncomplicated which will while away the hours until death :)
I downloaded by accident a cards game called Pisti, I think it's Turkish. I'm not sure what the rules are but I like it :)

Reactions: Zu
I downloaded by accident a cards game called Pisti, I think it's Turkish. I'm not sure what the rules are but I like it :)

It certainly comes with a very catchy melody :disco:

Apparently you have to match the value of the card so-called Serkan puts down to get the cards, or throw down a Jack. Matching the value of a single card means extra points as that’s Pişti :)

It certainly comes with a very catchy melody :disco:

Apparently you have to match the value of the card so-called Serkan puts down to get the cards, or throw down a Jack. Matching the value of a single card means extra points as that’s Pişti :)
Yeah, and matching the Jack means double points I think. I play it when I'm drunk so it doesn't matter I don't even understand what I'm doing.

Reactions: Zu
Fuck no. Just the deluxe. The only difference seems to be the figurine. Cloud has always been too much of a TWINK for me to care enough.

Has anyone played Path of Exile? It's a free to download hack and slash aRPG. Lots of fun and a real time killer.

I finished a game called Timespinner yesterday, it came out on Switch a couple of weeks ago but has been available on other formats for a while now:

It was fun! It plays a lot like the later Castlevania games with RPG-style character progression (particularly Order of Ecclesia on the DS) and has a decent story where you get to jump between two time periods - doing things in the past changes the present. It's also notable for having a cast of characters that are majority LGBTQ, which I found quite refreshing! I had some niggles with it, but I'd recommend it if you like the genre and are looking for a shorter game (it's about 6-8 hours) to tide you over until Bloodstained comes out.

Is anyone excited/interested in Baldur's Gate? Part III is finally being made after, like, 20 YEARS of struggle to make it. I'm always here for a Dungeons & Dragons game.

I need to play the originals again I think.

GameStop (the world's largest gaming retailer, certainly America's) released their Top 10 most pre-ordered game post-E3 2019.

1. Call of Duty Modern Warfare
  2. Pokemon Sword/Shield
  3. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  4. Cyberpunk 2077
  5. Borderlands 3
  6. Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
  7. Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
  8. Gears 5
  9. Super Mario Maker 2
  10. Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled

Anyone pre-ordered any of these/wanting to?

I pre-ordered 3 and 4. Not sure if any of the others interest me.

I never quite understand why people pre-order.
Unless I’m dying to play something I can usually wait 3 months for the price to drop anyway.
Out of that lot, the only ones I’ll get on release day are FFVII and Pokemon.

My backlog of unplayed games is high enough already without needing to add future unplayed games to the pile!

I never quite understand why people pre-order.
Unless I’m dying to play something I can usually wait 3 months for the price to drop anyway.
Out of that lot, the only ones I’ll get on release day are FFVII and Pokemon.

Yeah if it’s a physical likely to sell out, I can see why, but a download? If there’s some early bird DLC I suppose I understand

Yeah if it’s a physical likely to sell out, I can see why, but a download? If there’s some early bird DLC I suppose I understand

But even, fuck that. Just get the full game with all expansions in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom