What are you gaming? 2020

I've just been playing Phasmophobia with a friend and I was on VR mode. It is rough around the edges but it is great fun. I was screaming when a ghost appeared right in front of me. VR really heightened the terror.

Have you played Resi 7 in VR? I don't think I've been more fucking terrified and physically sick with any form of ENTERTAINMENT EVER!

I've been playing Fighting EX Layer lately as I managed to nab a cheap copy for PS4. What a game :disco: It's very generous with your input windows for a fighting game but still lets you feel like you're a FUCKING PRO by allowing you to cancel any combos into Super Combos, pulling off some spectacular moves :disco:

The roster is actually pretty decent and the art is gorgeous, makes a nice change from fucking Chun Li and Ryu - @COB have you played this? It has all the Arika fighters from the SFEX series, including of course Skullomania but also Sharon from SFEX2 :disco: :disco: :disco:

I have, it's fabulous - I always wanted them to reintegrate those characters into Street Fighter, but this might be even better :disco: And any excuse to see queen PULLUM PURNA again.

Absolutely addicted to Vampyr now. It's like a Choose Your Own Adventure, every interaction with the NPG's causes different pathways and missions to open up/close and you can choose whether to eat them or not - eating them makes you stronger but might throw the area into chaos (i.e. baddies will be everywhere and you won't get any more side-missions). I live for games where there are real consequences!

Also the main guy is SO HOT.

Speaking of fighting games, I’m back playing Mortal Kombat 11 after they added Mileena.

Absolutely addicted to Vampyr now. It's like a Choose Your Own Adventure, every interaction with the NPG's causes different pathways and missions to open up/close and you can choose whether to eat them or not - eating them makes you stronger but might throw the area into chaos (i.e. baddies will be everywhere and you won't get any more side-missions). I live for games where there are real consequences!

Also the main guy is SO HOT.

sounds better than I feared then. should've gone for it when it was free :evil:

make sure to keep an eye out for the new Vampire: The Masquerade which is out next year! the original bloodsucking RPG :disco:

Well I'm now putting on The Game Awards now. The stream is 4 hours, so I'll fast forward pretty severely of course.

Cloud is making a scene. No interest.

This must be IGN's stream I'm watching as they've put one of their reviews on.

2 minutes left now until it starts.

Shady Part of Me is giving me Lost I'm Shadow. Out now. I'll put it on my Switch eShop wish list and wait for a sale.

Animal Crossing of course. Now, if this wins best game too I'll be taking great delight reading the reactions.

Nintendo are injecting a Nindies World presentation into this? Oh my. I guess it builds their relations with these folks I guess.

Well my best ongoing game remains Splatoon 2. They did artificially extend the Splatfest events, but I don't get why they didn't just drop feed all those 20+ extra maps to regular rotation.

Not even any new Bowser's Fury footage since last time just reminds me that among the NEXT GEN! showings they are showing a 7 year old game :)

I finished Little Nightmares on PS4 a while ago. it's dirt cheap at the moment and highly recommendable. eerie, well-paced great little side-scrolling game

Are we posting end of year lists? I've finished more games this year than ever THANK YOU CORONA.

Hollow Knight is very special, I think it's one of my games of the generation actually :o

I HATED Hollow Knight but also couldn’t stop playing. Which made me hate it even more.

I think I have given upon Vampyr. Got to a boss who I just can't defeat and the fact that you don't get your bullets and serums back after you die just makes it impossible.

Wonderful game but that is a serious flaw. It's also buggy as hell.

I have moved to The Last of Us part 1 and am BLOWN AWAY already. I haven't even finished the tutorial.

I’ve restarted God Of War again after playing it last year and then giving up when I got to the island. I really love the fighting action but I just can’t seem to stick the actual mechanics of it. It’s mapped so weird on the buttons I keep going for Square to do a melee attack which of course just fires a few arrows instead then I get in a right confused state. I think my muscle memory is adjusting though as I seem to be enjoying it more than last time I played.

What’s with the fucking text size though. That fucks me off. Installed the patch which apparently improves it slightly but it’s still hardly the case I can relax back in my sofa to read how I’m supposed to defeat the bloody enemies.

That's one of the 2 games I'm giving my brother in law for Christmas. The remaster anyway. I still have a decreasing stash of sealed PS4 games - they are rather hard to sell as a bundle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom