what do we think of bitcoin?

ameraal

la loi de murphy
there's a halving coming up in the next weeks and i've seen headlings say it could be a make or break moment. i don't feel informed enough at all to have a proper opinion on this but from what i do know, i hope it's the former.

I actually do not understand this at all and it makes me feel very, very old

I am not convinced that fiat currencies are fragile enough for bitcoin to ever be more than a fringe investment. Its far to prone to hype l, its limited and the forks make it too volatile.

Get back to us when we can buy expensive shoes and party drugs for those bitcoins of yours.

I am not convinced that fiat currencies are fragile enough for bitcoin to ever be more than a fringe investment. Its far to prone to hype l, its limited and the forks make it too volatile.

understanding and adoption are the two main hurdles i think. i do think it's still comparatively small (bezos has more money than bitcoin's entire market cap!) and thus vulnerable but i believe that will change and gradually its volatility will improve.

that said, i admire the technology and i like to think it's the future.

I don't even really know what it IS, much less what you do with it

I think it's one of those things that's mainly popular with libertarians on the internet (much like Ayn Rand books and obsessively memorising age of consent laws in different countries).

the ship's sailed for the general public. in its current form it's a currency for speculation and crime

I struggle keeping track of real money, I can’t imagine having to deal with imaginary currencies.

I think it's one of those things that's mainly popular with libertarians on the internet (much like Ayn Rand books and obsessively memorising age of consent laws in different countries).

Ayn Rand! :D:disco::side-eye:

I luckily made about $5000 off it 2 years ago, but it’s been pretty flat since then. Anything I have left in it now is just profit so I’m happy to just see where it goes.

Maybe it’s because I know more lefties than libertarians but I love how it’s only the former that always mention Ayn Rand.

:eyes:

it's all in good fun.

back to the halving! will it bop or will it flop?

Didn't humble Ayn have a tendency to hit (as in physically attack) the admiring followers who came to her sordid soirées when she decided she'd had enough of them? This might not be true but I'm sure I read it somewhere and it's written on the internet now so it's definitely true :disco:

I wish I'd bought into it when I first heard about it. For a tenner, I would've been a millionaire now.

Pointless getting into it this late IMO, but those could be words I end up eating again

Pointless getting into it this late IMO, but those could be words I end up eating again
Late? I don’t think cryptocurrency has even STARTED yet. Moonboys are predicting at least 100k for the next bull run. Although more money will probably be made with the alternative shitcoins which will go up with bitcoin but are much cheaper to buy.

Last edited:
Elon Musk, Joe Biden, Barrack Obama and VARIOUS NIGERIAN PRINCES all united in calling for donations of bitcoin, promising to send back DOUBLE.

Twitter has stopped verified accounts from tweeting, giving the world a well earned break from Trump, in response to what could be a HUGE data breach.

Oh dear. Looks like it was Twitter that was compromised and the hackers just picked popular/crypto accounts, and it worked.

I do love the whole world of bitcoin/dark web because its just so wild and unregulated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom