What face mask do you wear?

F6707-DA0-0-D2-E-421-B-951-E-F9-BA02-BC74-E8.jpg

I’ve ordered a few more (in black and blue) so I won’t have to wash them everyday. I like a pattern.

These are nice, where are they from?

Etsy, I tried to order them from around me so shipping wouldn’t take too long. The top two were $10 each, the white one was more expensive ($25 but she was donating a mask for each mask she sells) it has a nose thing which helps with not fogging my glasses.

The nice ones are quite expensive aren't they? Do I really want to pay SEVENTEEN POUNDS for a piece of cloth?

We're gonna be doing this for a while. I think I'll get two more and then I'll be happy. For now.

Well I just hand washed my wine/maroon mask and the water was pink in an instant. Thank heaven I didn’t put it in the machine.

Disposable?! :shock:

yeah, you know, like the normal ones before it became a cottage industry with ludicrous markups and questionable effectiveness?

all the Japanese people I’ve shown these custom masks to thought you’re all off your nuts for paying so much (and being so gaudy :eyes:)

:tisch:

What’s wrong with disposables though?
I get a bit more use out of them by rinsing them with micro beads, and when they’re a bit wiffy I just take them down the beach and feed them to a sea turtle

and you know what? He’s GRATEFUL

There is an arcade of shops near me and while I popped in to Boots the other day, there was a massive queue next door outside Hobby Craft. I suspect lots of people are making their own masks, otherwise I can’t think why the shop would be so popular.

I was actually thinking of buying one of those portable mini sewing machines.

:tisch:

What’s wrong with disposables though?
I get a bit more use out of them by rinsing them with micro beads, and when they’re a bit wiffy I just take them down the beach and feed them to a sea turtle

and you know what? He’s GRATEFUL

I'm #teamnippon #teamdiddy. disposables shall do fine for me, especially if the cloth ones aren't that effective at all. and sea turtles can get COVID-19 too, so we're actually doing the ecosystem a favour. HAH!

At least the Japanese probably don't drop them outside the supermarket after use. My local Morrison's is pretty much a disposable mask graveyard at the moment.

Last edited:
I am sure the Japanese very meticulously folds some origami from it after use, bring it home and dispose of it in one of the 50 different recycle bins

filthy Westerners :evil:

At the Japanese probably don't drop them outside the supermarket after use. My local Morrison's is pretty much a disposable mask graveyard at the moment.

i do sometimes see them on the floor, but I think everyone just privately agrees it must be Chinese people

I just wear disposable surgical masks. They’re not the best for the environment but they ARE more effective than fabric masks, and since that’s the reason we are wearing them, that trumps any fashion sense for me.

I ended up buying another couple. I particularly like the one that looks like a toddler's been at it with a paint brush.

Some of the prices being charged for nice ones are a joke tho'.

I'm about a month away from my lockdown beard being a functional mask. It just can't quite cover my nose yet.

Just a boring old grey mask most of the time, sometimes a sort of flowery one made out of old curtains

So far resisted the temptation to get one with ponies all over it.

I only have one nice one. It's baby blue and covered in woodland animals.

I wear a plain black one from Uniqlo. It's very BREATHABLE which may be a BAD THING.

Anyone else get MASK ACNE? It's really affecting my chin :shy:

A colleague of mine's got a similar issue. I'm fine with normal masks but FFP2 masks are more of a struggle - but I never have to wear them for more than 1 hour, so I shall not complain, really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom