What/If (Renée Zellweger has her Netflix series)

Phoenix

I’m the hostess of the dinner
Pronouns
He/Him
The comeback starts here...I guess

I wonder if they will keep her blurred throughout the whole series? Anyway it looks like something campy and trashy with good looking people so I’m interested.

Has she still got her new face (it’s difficult to tell in this trailer)

This is so bad, it’s from the guy who did Revenge and you can tell.

It’s so ridiculous.

It's total shit. Looks shockingly cheap, is filmed like a 90s sitcom, the attempts to write relatable and hip young people are painful and most of it feels stunningly mundane from the man who created Revenge.

The pilot of that show (and episode 5) is one of my favourite episodes of television I think, it's high camp TV as art. Madeleine Stowe! The ultimate high camp actress chewing the scenery and spitting it out! :disco: I was very obsessed for a season. @Johnkm was very obsessed for a while longer!

In short, rewatch that and don't waste your time on this lukewarm banoffee pie of a sexy rich people soap

I think it’s of the same caliber as Revenge, it’s a mix of Indecent Proposal and every other cheap 90s thriller (they spell out for you in the pilot).

Also lots of Glee guy nudity which was appreciated.

I mean this just happened

giphy.gif

I think the writers never met humans before

Last edited:
I think it’s of the same caliber as Revenge, it’s a mix of Indecent Proposal and every other cheap 90s thriller (they spell out for you in the pilot).

Also lots of Glee guy nudity which was appreciated.

Which glee guy?

Yeah it looks all style no substance
The kinda thing that gets boring after 4 episodes

I've watched the whole thing over the last 24 hours. I fucking LOVED IT from start to end. It's total schlock TV and I agree with some of Jark's criticisms (particularly around how some of the characters are written and how it's filmed like a sitcom in places. And the editing is all over the place) but the sheer ridiculousness of it all did not relent right through to the very end. It IS very soapy - and we're talking Sunset Beach levels of soap here.

It absolutely isn't something that gets boring after 4 episodes though - you'll either be well out of it by that point already if it isn't your thing, or if you're into it, it will just ramp it up more and more.

Glee guy aka Blake Jenner is bloody gorgeous :love:

I kind of envy anyone yet to watch it :D

Even possibly my least favourite actor ever (Julian Sands) being in it didn't dampen my ardor.

Seen 2 episodes of this ridiculous programme and can't get enough :D

Reactions: dUb
Apparently if they get a season 2 it’s going to be an anthology a la American Horror Story with some of the actors playing different characters.

MAKE GLEE GUY GAY

As long as Renée and her bad wig returns I will also be back.

What absolutely addictive trash. I binged most of it over the weekend, but saved the last two eps to help salvage my Monday return to work today. :disco:

Just finished this utter nonsense. MORE PLEASE.
That final scene, so predictable but LOVED IT

He’s in a show in New York at the moment. Wonder if he’ll continue given the massive reaction to this story

An emergency casting of Sarah Buxton to play Renée's gold digging nymphomaniac rival then please.

I mean, he is cute as a piece of meat, but the real meat of the show was ice blonde Zellweger, so fire him and get another one in.

Christ, how dysfunctional *was* the Glee set? A drug addict who died midway through filming, a closeted peadophile and a future wife-beater.

And we all called Lea Michele the villain of the show!

Reactions: dUb
I was going to say, I can't believe three male members of the Glee cast had dark secrets and none of them was Mr fucking Schue.

He’s been exposed as having been physically abusive to his ex-wife Melissa Benoist aka Supergirl. She didn’t say it was him but her account of an eye injury he gave her has made it clear it was, as she gave interviews about having fallen down some steps at the time.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/l...ist-i-am-a-survivor-domestic-violence-1258375
He’s admitted this now in a lengthy, icky Instagram post which claims to accept total responsibility but also portrays him as her victim

This was not the series 2 news I was hoping for.

It sounds as if anyone with a brain will side with the woman and hopefully he will fade away. These things are so common, what is wrong with these people? I hope finds a new lease of life away from him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom