WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE KYLIE MINOGUE VIDEO?

would absolutely attend every week until bankrupting myself like those disassociative LOONIES who've seen Wicked so much they think they ARE Elphaba
KYLIE FINDS OUT WHAT’S HAPPENING FROM HER GRAN, WHO HAS DEMENTIA. THE SAW CORPORATION TAKE AWAY EVERY MEMBER OF POPULATION WHO HAS DEMENTIA TO “TAKE CARE OF THEM” BECAUSE THE ONLY WAY THE CONDITIONING IS BROKEN IS THROUGH THIS CRUEL ILLNESS. THE MINOGUE FAMILY HIDE GRANNY MINOGUE AWAY IN THE ATTIC AND ONE NIGHT WHILE KYLIE IS AT HER BEDSIDE, GRANNY MINOGUE’S CONDITIONING IS BROKEN AND SHE REMEMBERS WHAT LIFE USED TO BE LIKE BEFORE THE SAW CORPORATION CAME ALONG AND WHAT LIFE SHOULD BE LIKE - FULL OF JOY AND COLOUR - AND SHE BREAKS INTO A SONG AND DANCE NUMBER OF “STEP BACK IN TIME”

I am willing to die on this hill that Get Outta My Way is her GREATEST video!

Get Outta My Way is quite a bit too "here are some people in a room with some props that are so shiny and gay we hope nobody notices the budget was £5.20 and some Nectar points" for my liking, but the red boots and gold chainmail bustier make it ALL WORTH IT

Exactly what Jark said. I think GOMW could absolutely be one of her best, but it all looks so cheap.

I remember all the boys in the sixth form room watching GOMW on one of the music channels and saying how she was still FIT and then debating over who was fitter, Kylie or Dannii, and I felt dead chuffed at being able to chime in.

The majority of her videos after 2005-ish suffer from looking a bit cheap. That is a pretty common critique for all pop videos after that point in time, but I feel like whomever she uses (Sophie Muller is it?) has difficulty elevating a modest budget or concept.

I remember all the boys in the sixth form room watching GOMW on one of the music channels and saying how she was still FIT and then debating over who was fitter, Kylie or Dannii, and I felt dead chuffed at being able to chime in.

OMG, I had the exact same experience about Jay Aston in the When We Were Young video when Craig Withey, officially the hottest boy in the year approached me to say how fit she was.

And look how THAT turned out.

The majority of her videos after 2005-ish suffer from looking a bit cheap. That is a pretty common critique for all pop videos after that point in time, but I feel like whomever she uses (Sophie Muller is it?) has difficulty elevating a modest budget or concept.
Oh don't get Eddie started...

GOMW was the last time she got a HUGE PUSH the other side of the ATLANTIC.

She even performed it on AMERICA’S GOT TALENT and DANCING WITH THE STARS, which were the two highest rated shows in America with 20-30 MILLION VIEWERS.

All The Lovers was her last great video and also one of her very best. I think that looked expensive, had a BEAUTIFUL colour palette, was a perfect match for the song and had some really stunning MOMENTS. The horse running in slow mo still gives me chills. and her rogue eyebrow in that last scene where she releases the dove was really Peak Kyliebrow.

She even performed it on AMERICA’S GOT TALENT and DANCING WITH THE STARS, which were the two highest rated shows in America with 20-30 MILLION VIEWERS.
I was certain I Was Gonna Cancel was going to EXPLODE Stateside after Kennedy Davenport famoustly bested Jasmine Masters in Season 7 Episode 3 of RPDR ("Shakesqueer").

resulting in exactly 14 sales! queen of unsustainable investment:return ratios!

"All the Lovers" was pretty wonderful. Another issue with her modern era videos in general is they lack re-watchability. The classic pop videos of the millennium you would constantly want to re-watch, even buy DVDs pre-YouTube. I have probably seen CGYOOMH almost 100 times... I've only seen the likes of "Get Outta My Way" max twice, and I love the song... and the video was objectively FINE, just nothing remotely memorable or magnetic about it.

You horrors denouncing GOMW and it’s ICONIC LIGHT UP FLOOR, the CHAIR DANCE and the GAYS HOLDING HER UP TO THE WIND MACHINE are the reason Kala left for the eleventy billionth time this week!

A lifetime watching the All I See (FT MIMS) video for you all.

I really like In Your Eyes
This bit :disco:

tumblr_ob40n9lnAM1qd4wkzo1_500.gif

My top 10:

Come Into My World
What Do I Have To Do
Slow
Put Yourself In My Place
All The Lovers
Where The Wild Roses Grow
Timebomb
Get Outta My Way
Can’t Get You Out Of My Head
Love At First Sight

01 slow
02 confide in me
03 get outta my way

i have issues with the style in so many of them... i was obsessed with the in your eyes video when it came out. how old was i? all the fever era ones just felt so cool at the time though they look from another era now. it was such a great time to be a fan of al kylieda.

watched please stay (in honour of this thread) the other day as i remember it as close to my dream life as possible. it struck me a little (dare i utter it) tacky. and can we talk about timebomb? i hate the fashion but it's utterly ridiculous to boot. but it's also super fun. kylie kylie-ing it up and being quite butch and slaggy in a respectable manner.

also: where is the feeling. was she auditioning to be a ck model? still love that moment for her.

her best style moments have been in her artwork - the covers of km94, light years and fever are utterly iconic.

ugh, i was supposed to be listening to nippy! i've just played better than today of my own volition.
i still like kylie stepping in for jake on one of theirs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom