What should be the NEXT Chromatica single?

What should single number 3 be?

• Total voters

Jark

gave ur love away
Alice is shit, sorry. Even the metaphor is trite, tired as fuck and severely overdone among the pop girls. "My name isn't Alice" is clunky as hell. At least it's short.

Phoenix

I am not a liar ;)
Free Woman is the most basic of this basic album. There’s no depth there.

Zu 2

JE ME FICHE
I guess....a basic single for basic gays

:side-eye: I’m not sure that I ever look for depth in POP. Surely it’s all about basic emotional joy. If I want depth, I make other arrangements :disco:

Loufoque

BATTLE FOR YOUR LIFE
All I care about is that Babylon gets a beautiful Pride on Chromatica video with historically-dressed aliens serving it ancient city style in a dystopian ballroom scene

But I am OK with Free Woman or Alice or Sour Candy (just for the streams) being the next single.

I am obsessed with Enigma and Sine but they are not singles for me.

I would also like 1000 Doves Piano Version to be the final single à la Joanne Piano Version.

POP!

Running on stardust
It's a great album opener but not single material to me (also see "Marry the Night").

cwej

User
Alice is shit, sorry. Even the metaphor is trite, tired as fuck and severely overdone among the pop girls. "My name isn't Alice" is clunky as hell. At least it's short.

Genuine question, because I don't know the answer... what pop girls have done that metaphor before that makes it so overdone?

Anyway. It seems most people seem to like it... so *shrugs*

POP!

Running on stardust
Genuine question, because I don't know the answer... what pop girls have done that metaphor before that makes it so overdone?

Anyway. It seems most people seem to like it... so *shrugs*
You can't have seriously forgotten arguably one of the most seminal #59 hits of 2010?? :disco:

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII'lLLLLLLL SUuurrVIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVVVEEEE *clunk*

KindaCool

You've got issues.
Alice is fucking crisp.

Babylon to become next single plz. It's the vaccine we all needed.

Lume

User
Babylon is GAY INTEREST ONLY and not a SINGLE radio station would touch it. (Apart from that FABULOUS Russian gay.fm or whatever it was that plays C.C. Catch and Sandra album tracks).

The only songs with HIT POTENTIAL left are ALICE, FREE WOMAN and (at a push) SOUR CANDY.

Jark

gave ur love away
I've changed my mind and now think 911 should probably be the next single. Failing that, Enigma or Replay.

Sour Candy will get streams anyway and should maybe get a video but shouldn't be the single.

Lume

User
I've changed my mind and now think 911 should probably be the next single. Failing that, Enigma or Replay.

Sour Candy will get streams anyway and should maybe get a video but shouldn't be the single.

Are you DEAF?

Jark

gave ur love away
Nope, I just know that "what should be a single" is not the same question as "what's my fave"

911 has the most streams on Spotify (despite being in the album's midsection) - far more than Free Woman, which got a push on Spotify last Friday but which has sunk since.

The verses and chorus are equally catchy, hooks everywhere, and with that Blackout-esque robopop vibe it's a new sound for her. Radio would eat it up. Why should it not be?

Iguana

So throw the beauty on the fire
Nope, I just know that "what should be a single" is not the same question as "what's my fave"

911 has the most streams on Spotify (despite being in the album's midsection) - far more than Free Woman, which got a push on Spotify last Friday but which has sunk since.

The verses and chorus are equally catchy, hooks everywhere, and with that Blackout-esque robopop vibe it's a new sound for her. Radio would eat it up. Why should it not be?

Ooh that's interesting! It's one of my favourites, although it is probably sonically most similar to John Wayne to my ear, which didn't fare very well but then it wasn't from a huge album.

I do still think Free Woman is a better option for a summer single though

Lume

User
911 MIGHT only be 'popular' because everyone tries to dial after Elton's vocal PERFORMANCE!

There's just no obvious single after Stupid Love and Rain On Me. For an album so full of bops, it's a rather curious situation. Fantastic album, but I can't see any other song smashing.

Pipo

Welcome to Chromatica (Wigs not allowed)
Alice reminds me a lot of Aura in a sense that they're both BRILLIANT album openers and amazing batshit crazy songs but would absolutely tank as proper singles, maybe a nice promo thing.
Echoing the rest though: 911, Replay, Free Woman as singles please and as for Babylon the more I hear it the more I also agree with some posters here, it just screams niche and I presume some radio stations (especially in the US) wouldn't go near it with a barge pole and That's (homophobic) gossip!

Yeah snatch that third hit whilst you can Gaga, then do whatever you want when nobody is still paying attention :D

I maintain Alice would be another G.U.Y. if it was the third single.

Suedey

secret.
'Free Woman' is the obvious next single.

'Alice' is great but it's not single material.

cwej

User

I mean this just ISN'T TRUE. of the non-singles:

Sour Candy 25,833,059
Alice 8,072,174
911 8,035,517
Free Woman 7,098,772
Fun Tonight 6,172,299

So yes, 911 is doing better comparatively to its album placing - and I also appreciate that Sour Candy is boosted by Blackpink. But it doesn't have the most streams on Spotify.

And on top of that: it is literally my least favourite song on the album, so NO. I'm not having it. :D

Jark

gave ur love away
I mean this just ISN'T TRUE. of the non-singles:

Sour Candy 25,833,059
Alice 8,072,174
911 8,035,517
Free Woman 7,098,772
Fun Tonight 6,172,299

So yes, 911 is doing better comparatively to its album placing - and I also appreciate that Sour Candy is boosted by Blackpink. But it doesn't have the most streams on Spotify.

And on top of that: it is literally my least favourite song on the album, so NO. I'm not having it. :D
Hun, it's getting the most streams each day, Sour Candy aside (81 on Spotify global, vs 88 for Alice). At first Alice was doing better, probably due to its tracklist placement. But today or tomorrow 911 will overtake if the current trend continues. When it comes to the pop girls I'm a ridiculous STATS NERD, I know my shit.

cwej

User
Hun, it's getting the most streams each day, Sour Candy aside (81 on Spotify global, vs 88 for Alice). At first Alice was doing better, probably due to its tracklist placement. But today or tomorrow 911 will overtake if the current trend continues. When it comes to the pop girls I'm a ridiculous STATS NERD, I know my shit.

OK :D

Tramell

Amen Fashion
The public has spoken, hopefully/probably the next three singles :disco:

Chromatica most streamed songs so far on Spotify:
Stupid Love: 130M
Rain On Me: 85M
Sour Candy: 34M
911: 10,8M
Alice: 10,6M
Free Woman: 9,4M

Pingu

Noot noot
It’s all going rather well and everything but another THREE singles??

Tramell

Amen Fashion
Well, we‘ve only had 2 Artpop videos and 3 for Joanne...
We DEMAND and DESERVE 6 (or at least 5) videos for Chromatica.

Lume

User
It's best for her to rely on another SAFE duet, so I'd say the next single is SOUR CANDY.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom