What should Madonna do next?

Piece by Piece was insufferable! :D

Interviewer asks about the inspiration behind writing 'The Power of Orange Knickers'

"When I spoke to the dark prince in ceremony..." :zombie:

I meant the format, not the text! :D

Lucy O'Brien (respected music journalist) wrote what I consider to be the best Madonna biography (Like an Icon) a few years ago.

If Madonna can put her ego on the shelf for a few months and write with her, it would be great.

Last edited:
Piece by Piece was insufferable! :D

Interviewer asks about the inspiration behind writing 'The Power of Orange Knickers'

"When I spoke to the dark prince in ceremony..." :zombie:
And I still love it!

You realise she's putting out a new one this month? It's called Resistance and there is no co-author this time. My signed copy is on pre-order naturally :disco:

Last edited:
She needs an extensive reissue campaign, to remind people why she was so amazing for all those years. Then focus on the music with Mirwais again, and Stuart Price too if possible?

Then focus on the music with Mirwais again, and Stuart Price too if possible?
I love her work with Mirwais (Madame X inclusive) but I really don't like how carried away they both get with autotune. So I'm ready for a Mirwais break.

As for Stuart Price - hmm, no. There's no point trying to recreate Confessions - that was a one-off magical moment of inspiration.

If we're talking music, then I would agree with @Sheena here: it's time to give Pat a ring.

But I'd prefer if she went down the V&A-style career retrospective / book deal route next. Maybe with a new song or two.

Won't happen while she has anything to do with it. Warners were keen a few years ago but she wanted too much money.

This is one of the issues with her now. Money should not be a big factor in anything she does at this point in her life and career. It’s such a shame. She’s probably the only big artist left that’s never had a proper reissue campaign. Something akin to the PSB reissues would be incredible. But yeah, we probably have no chance because of her awful attitude and management.

Reactions: Zu
Has Patrick Leonard worked with anyone else recently?

This is one of the issues with her now. Money should not be a big factor in anything she does at this point in her life and career. It’s such a shame. She’s probably the only big artist left that’s never had a proper reissue campaign. Something akin to the PSB reissues would be incredible. But yeah, we probably have no chance because of her awful attitude and management.
What management? :D

Even Guy Oseary has all but given up on her at this point..

Why *is* she so money obsessed lately? Is there any indication that she might have had financial problems, or is she just that much of a mercenary?

I love her work with Mirwais (Madame X inclusive) but I really don't like how carried away they both get with autotune. So I'm ready for a Mirwais break.

As for Stuart Price - hmm, no. There's no point trying to recreate Confessions - that was a one-off magical moment of inspiration.

If we're talking music, then I would agree with @Sheena here: it's time to give Pat a ring.

But I'd prefer if she went down the V&A-style career retrospective / book deal route next. Maybe with a new song or two.

But Stuart can do more than just Confessions style music. I mean I’d KILL for her to get Pat on board again obviously, but you just know she’d hate the idea of it. I genuinely wonder if he’d be into the idea at this point either, unless she was serious about it.

Why *is* she so money obsessed lately? Is there any indication that she might have had financial problems, or is she just that much of a mercenary?

Guy Ritchie walked away with $75m apparently. But yeah, I’m sure she’s still incredibly wealthy.

Speaking of Pat Leonard, what the hell happened to that Madonna instrumentals album he made in 2018? He was on the verge of releasing it on various formats and then the whole thing went dead.

Speaking of Pat Leonard, what the hell happened to that Madonna instrumentals album he made in 2018? He was on the verge of releasing it on various formats and then the whole thing went dead.
Can I get a NO ONE CARES in here?

Because I certainly don't.

I don't think she's done anything wrong lately, beyond being a knob on Instagram. Madame X wasn't my thing, but it felt like she actually had an interest in making the album and a proper concept behind it, which the previous two albums really lacked. Nobody who's passionate about music could release Turn Up The Radio.

I've said this before but a very ironic, very dry HBO/Netflix mockumentary series about being an old woman making dance music has the potential to be good, if only watched by about 10 internet gays.

I love wurst's idea of a career retrospective, I just wish she was in a better place to launch it. Surely her stock, in the UK at least, is as low as it has ever been.

As far as a dance album and 'fishing where the fish are' is concerned, ANY OLD SHIT she releases gets to #1 on the Billboard dance club song chart doesn't it? That's why I was pressing as to how IDSIF demonstrated any sizeable appetite greater than usual. That's not fishing where the fish are, it's settling for a puddle.

What fabulous phrasing :D

I may have OVERSTATED its success slightly :eyes: but what I meant with the IDSIF remix is that it travelled a bit further than her core audience - it was genuinely being played in clubs towards the end of last year which is much more than a TRACEY YOUNG remix would get.

(This was more due to it being a Honey Dijon remix, who is very IN at the moment, than it being a Madonna track to be fair)

I think a Madonna memoir book would be an absolute DISASTER tbh :D

And surely there is just TOO MUCH LIFE to distill into 500-ish pages.

However having said that I properly loved the Grace Jones book once I got past the meandering introduction, but I doubt Grace had much to do with it aside from telling several rambling but fabulous stories to the poor ghostwriter :D :disco:

I'm only reading this thread for the lols, but just wanted to point out that the Pet Shop Boys are successfully doing dance music without pretending they are still in their 20s. Perhaps Madge can TAKE NOTE :)

I'm only reading this thread for the lols, but just wanted to point out that the Pet Shop Boys are successfully doing dance music without pretending they are still in their 20s. Perhaps Madge can TAKE NOTE :)

SPEAKING OF, I'd love if they co-wrote and produced an entire album for her, with their choice of producer. I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever that it would be anything less than MAGNIFICENT.

I'm sure she'd rather DIE than have anyone think she had her career resuscitated by Pet Shop Boys, a la Liza and Dusty, though.

SPEAKING OF, I'd love if they co-wrote and produced an entire album for her, with their choice of producer. I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever that it would be anything less than MAGNIFICENT.
OMG yes. Mind you it might put dear old @Dr Lecter into an irretrievable gay coma.

I'm sure she'd rather DIE than have anyone think she had her career resuscitated by Pet Shop Boys, a la Liza and Dusty, though.

Oh god yes! I meant to say this earlier in the thread. PLEASE give us Madonna’s Results :disco: perhaps with Stuart Price in the mix as producer :disco:

It would NEVER HAPPEN though, I can’t imagine she would get on with Neil and Chris AT ALL :D

hasn't this been an issue with her for years now? she doesn't want anyones help without her asking FIRST and when she does its always someone who's current, so I expect her next album to feature Doja Cat & Roddy Ricch

Oh god yes! I meant to say this earlier in the thread. PLEASE give us Madonna’s Results :disco: perhaps with Stuart Price in the mix as producer :disco:

It would NEVER HAPPEN though, I can’t imagine she would get on with Neil and Chris AT ALL :D

I think you're right sadly. They're much too down to earth and unwilling to put up with any nonsense I'd say. I doubt they'd be particularly inspired to work with her now anyway.

hasn't this been an issue with her for years now? she doesn't want anyones help without her asking FIRST and when she does its always someone who's current, so I expect her next album to feature Doja Cat & Roddy Ricch

Yep, that's why it was a step in the right direction to have her return to Mirwais for a large portion of Madame X. She really needs to forget about working with the trashy nobodies of today's pop world. They drag her down...and she's all too willing sadly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom